Amazon: FREE $5 Appstore Credit w/ ANY App Download from Amazon Appstore for Android

Calling all Android users! Through December 28th, head on over to Amazon.com where you can snag a FREE $5 Amazon Appstore credit when you download an App from the Amazon Appstore for Android (even a free app will qualify!) on your Android phone or tablet. Note that purchases from a Kindle Fire do not qualify.

Here’s what you need to do…

* Download the Amazon Appstore here.
* Open Settings and navigate to the “Unknown Sources” option (under Applications or Security depending on your device).
Android requires that Unknown Sources be enabled for non-Google apps, like Amazon Appstore, to be installed on your device.
* Tap the checkbox and then tap OK on the confirmation popup.
* Download any app or game from the Appstore (even a free one!)
* Amazon will send you a confirmation via email once the $5 credit is added to your account. Most credits are applied within a minute, but processing may take up to an hour.
* $5 promotional credit expires on March 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM PST and can only be used to purchase eligible digital products through the U.S. Amazon Appstore and may not be combined with other offers.

If you don’t have a specific app in mind to qualify for this promo, follow the steps above and then consider downloading this Piano Master Christmas Special Android App from the Appstore. Regularly priced at $1.49, this app is currently FREE!

(Thanks, Free Stuff Times and Freebie Finding Mom!)

• Leslie says:

Thanks, I downloaded candy crush and got an email that the $5 promo was added to my account plus got another email for $1 credit towards an amazon mp3 album or single. So I get a free song too :-)

• Steve says:

Yep, I just started to download the NPR app and before I even accepted the permissions my account was credited.

• aliza says:

Can you do this if you use an iPad?

• Mindy says:

This credit is only for the App Store of amazon and not the regular store. It reads:
    Thank you for downloading an app from the Amazon Appstore. We have added a $5.00 promotional credit to your account. We will automatically apply this credit to future purchases of any apps or in-app items.

• morna says:

Still haven’t received my credit. :(

• Laura says:

Awesome! My kids love to play on my phone but I don’t want to spend money on apps for them so this is great. Anyone know of any good educational apps under $5 for a 3 year old?

• Michelle says:

I thought the credit could be used on anything from Amazon but it said its only good on apps, I don’t think there’s any apps I need, o well .

• Miranda says:

Here are the instructions if you’re already an Amazon appstore customer.

Already an Amazon Appstore customer?

Thanks for being a customer. In order to qualify for the credit, you need to update to the newest version of the Amazon Appstore. You should be prompted to upgrade when you open the Appstore. If you aren’t prompted, please follow these steps:
    1. Find and open “Amazon Appstore” on your device.
    2. Go to “Settings” > “Version and Release Notes” to ensure you have version 7.5 or greater of the Appstore. If you have an earlier version of the Appstore, please tap “Check For Update”.
    3. Once you have the latest version of Appstore installed, download any app or game from the Appstore. (Yes, even a free one.)
    4. Enjoy! We will send you a confirmation via email once the credit is added to your account. Most credits are applied within a minute, but processing may take up to an hour.

• Hannah says:

Thank you for that! I was already an appstore customer, but i skipped these steps and didn’t know why i wasn’t getting a credit. Followed your instructions (that i clearly ignored the 1st go ’round haha) and it worked. Thank you.

• Elizabeth says:

Thank you for posting these instructions! I didn’t realize mine was out of date, and it has never prompted me to update upon opening the appstore like it states. I got mine updated and my $5 credit

• Cheryl E says:

Thank you for these instructions too! I also couldn’t figure out why I wasn’t getting the credit. Guess it doesn’t pay (literally!) to skim the initial instructions.

• Heather says:

This was extremely helpful–thank you for posting the instructions!!

• Andrea says:

THANKS so much for posting. Wasn’t working…tried this and now…got it! Thank you

• susan says:

yes, it’s work.thanks;)

• niki says:

plz help I just got my daughter an android for Xmas but everytime I down load it it says I need to add an address.?? I’m not computer literate so advice anyone??I tried downloading a free 5th grade learning game. select free select get apparently and then a seperate thing said it wont do it until I add address. when I click on the click here button it brings me to my Amazon account cart?

• Deb says:

Thanks, Collin, for telling us about this. Every dollar counts!

• broadway96 says:

Why is it only for Android.. booo

• Jenny says:

Does anyone know any good apps for keeping track of a movie collection?

• Christina says:

Just remembered this, still working. Got a popup when I downloaded Facebook that it would be credited