Cyber Monday: Top 9 Shopping Tips
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
As most of you know, I absolutely love to snag deals from the comfort of my own home (preferably in my pajamas with a large cup of coffee!). For this reason, Cyber Monday is hands-down one of my favorite days to shop since you can snag some amazing deals online – sometimes even better deals than you can snag on Black Friday. Here are my favorite Cyber Monday shopping tips:
1) First and foremost, download the FREE Hip2Save App, sign up for Hip2Save Hot Text alerts, follow Hip2Save on Facebook and plan to follow Hip2Save.com regularly throughout the day on Cyber Monday. I will be up super early posting all the best deals so be sure to refresh the site often.
2) If you are planning to shop a specific site on Cyber Monday, sign up for the newsletter and/or consider following the company on Facebook, Twitter and/or Pinterest. Often times, newsletter subscribers and Facebook fans snag exclusive coupon codes or are notified in advance of hot deals.
3) To save time when checking out, create an account with your favorite companies in advance so that your shipping/billing address is already in their system.
4) If you are worried about checking out online with your credit card, consider purchasing a prepaid card to use specifically on Cyber Monday. Many sites also offer the option to check out with Paypal.
5) Since the cost of shipping can often times “kill” a great deal, look for FREE Shipping offers and/or FREE Store Pick-up offers. You may also want to consider signing up for a program like ShopRunner which offers up FREE two-day shipping and free returns across a growing network of nearly 80 retailers including Toys R Us, FAO Schwartz, and Claire’s (in fact, all American Express cardholders can head on over here to score a FREE ShopRunner membership; check out this post for more information).
6) If you are purchasing an item for a friend/family member, consider having the item shipped directly to the gift recipient (this will save you from having to incur additional shipping costs once you receive the item).
7) Look for shipping guarantees. If you are purchasing items for Christmas, take some time to read the shipping policy to ensure your items do indeed arrive in time for Christmas.
8) Search for coupon codes before you buy! Before you hit the purchase button, take some time to search for coupon codes on sites like RetailMeNot.com. Also, consider joining a cash back site like ShopAtHome.com or Ebates.com to earn cash back on online purchases.
9) Read the return/exchange policies for each retailer. Some retailers will not refund/exchange items purchased on Cyber Monday so be sure to keep this in mind.