DIY Paper Poinsettia Gift Topper (Easy Paper Craft)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Here’s a very fun way to make your own poinsettia present topper that looks fancy but is actually very quick and easy. I used a 12×12 piece of scrapbook paper, but you can use any thick paper like a grocery store paper bag or brown craft paper. These turn out super cute and you can even make a bunch and use for a wreath, Christmas tree ornaments, or table décor.
- Piece of scrapbook paper or thick paper
- hot glue gun and glue stick
- embellishment (buttons, beads, sequins, faux berries)
Remember in school how you would fold a piece of paper in half and cut out hearts? Use the same strategy here except cut out a long leaf shape. By folding the paper in half, you are giving the leaves that cool 3D effect.
- Fold paper and cut out 5 smaller leaves and 5 larger leaves. Don’t measure. My bigger leaves were around 3 inches and my smaller leaves about 2 inches. Keep folding sections of paper and cutting leaves. Also cut a circle to glue your leaves to.
- Glue the 5 larger leaves to the circle first by using a small dot of glue at one end.
- Glue the smaller leaves on top.
- Add an embellishment in the middle. I happened to have these faux berries.
- Tape or glue to your present.
Seriously so simple and cute, right? You can experiment with different sized flowers and add petals if it looks uneven. Happy holiday crafting!