Video: How to Make Homemade Baby Wipes
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you are expecting and/or you have a little one, this is one video and blog post that you’ll want to check out. In this video, I will show you how easy and budget-friendly it is to make your very own baby wipes – using just 6 ingredients!
And keep in mind that baby wipes are not just for all of you with babies and toddlers. Even though my youngest is seven, I still keep a container of wipes with me in the car in case someone (or something!) needs a quick clean-up. Baby wipes also make great make-up removers.
Homemade Baby Wipes
- Roll of paper towels
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera
- 2 tablespoons soap (such as Pure-Castile brand)
Note: The Peppermint Pure Castile soap is not recommended if you are making these wipes strictly for the purpose of cleaning a baby’s bum as it may cause irritation.
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half. A sharp bread knife works best.
- Boil the water and let it cool down a little.
- Mix together the water, witch hazel, aloe, and soap in a bowl.
- Place the paper towel roll in the container (I used a red plastic Folgers coffee tub to store my wipes and decided to spray paint and add an adhesive label).
- Then pour the mixture on top.
- Close the lid and turn it upside down.
- Let them soak for a few days.
- Because the wipes are on the roll, they come off easily!