Video: How to Make Homemade Baby Wipes
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you are expecting and/or you have a little one, this is one video and blog post that you’ll want to check out. In this video, I will show you how easy and budget-friendly it is to make your very own baby wipes – using just 6 ingredients!
And keep in mind that baby wipes are not just for all of you with babies and toddlers. Even though my youngest is seven, I still keep a container of wipes with me in the car in case someone (or something!) needs a quick clean-up. Baby wipes also make great make-up removers.
Homemade Baby Wipes
- Roll of paper towels
- 1 and 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (I used 1/2 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 1 tablespoon Aloe Vera
- 2 tablespoons soap (such as Pure-Castile brand)
Note: The Peppermint Pure Castile soap is not recommended if you are making these wipes strictly for the purpose of cleaning a baby’s bum as it may cause irritation.
- Cut the roll of paper towels in half. A sharp bread knife works best.
- Boil the water and let it cool down a little.
- Mix together the water, witch hazel, aloe, and soap in a bowl.
- Place the paper towel roll in the container (I used a red plastic Folgers coffee tub to store my wipes and decided to spray paint and add an adhesive label).
- Then pour the mixture on top.
- Close the lid and turn it upside down.
- Let them soak for a few days.
- Because the wipes are on the roll, they come off easily!