How to Fix Faded Aluminum Patio Furniture Using Just ONE Common Household Item
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Do the warmer temperatures have you examining the condition of your outdoor furniture? Did you know that you can refresh sun-faded aluminum patio furniture easily with just one common household item and a little elbow grease! Come on – let’s get your older patio furniture looking shiny and new again!
For this project you’ll need:
- Automobile wax with sponge
- Dry cotton cloth
- Take off cushions and wash/rinse aluminum patio furniture well – I like to use a rag with a little soapy water.
- After furniture is completely dry, wipe a section with a thin layer of car wax; note that it will dry within a minute or so.
- Using a clean dry cloth, wipe off wax entirely.
- As you wipe off the wax, the result will be a smoother, darker, shiny surface.
TIP: The first time I tried this, I left the wax on too long as I was trying to wax both chairs at one time and it was much harder to get the wax off. As a result, I encourage you to try doing one section at a time.
New patio furniture can be super pricey so this this is a great way to refresh your existing furniture! And if you see a set of second-hand aluminum patio furniture for sale that’s a little faded, now you know how to fix it! The set above we purchased from Costco nine years ago and I’m super excited to see it looking great again and ready for summer!