Graduation Hat Jar (Graduation Gift Idea)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Are you attending a graduation party? If so, check out this easy and thoughtful way to give little cash “diplomas” via a cute graduation hat mason jar! And the best part – you likely already have most of the items you need for this craft at home.
For this craft you’ll need:
- mason jar
- one piece of square shaped cardstock paper larger than the lid
- rectangle shaped cardstock paper long enough to fit around rim of lid
- double sided tape or glue
- crepe paper (streamers) for tassel
- one small button
- string or twine
- money for mini diplomas
- balloon curling ribbon
- gold coin chocolates (optional)
- Tape or glue paper to lid.
- Wrap crepe paper around a pen and tape.
- Then slide off pen and tie a tight knot towards the top, leaving a two inch piece of string attached.
- Use scissors to cut tassels.
- Attach string to button and glue or tape to middle of the hat. Use a pen to roll paper money “diplomas”, securing with curling ribbon.
- Place gold coins and money in the jar and screw on the graduation hat lid.
- Give to a well deserving graduate!
My version was inspired by NoBiggie.net.