Graduation Hat Jar (Graduation Gift Idea)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Are you attending a graduation party? If so, check out this easy and thoughtful way to give little cash “diplomas” via a cute graduation hat mason jar! And the best part – you likely already have most of the items you need for this craft at home.
For this craft you’ll need:
- mason jar
- one piece of square shaped cardstock paper larger than the lid
- rectangle shaped cardstock paper long enough to fit around rim of lid
- double sided tape or glue
- crepe paper (streamers) for tassel
- one small button
- string or twine
- money for mini diplomas
- balloon curling ribbon
- gold coin chocolates (optional)
- Tape or glue paper to lid.
- Wrap crepe paper around a pen and tape.
- Then slide off pen and tie a tight knot towards the top, leaving a two inch piece of string attached.
- Use scissors to cut tassels.
- Attach string to button and glue or tape to middle of the hat. Use a pen to roll paper money “diplomas”, securing with curling ribbon.
- Place gold coins and money in the jar and screw on the graduation hat lid.
- Give to a well deserving graduate!
My version was inspired by NoBiggie.net.