DIY LEGO Travel Case Made from Lunch Box
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Know a LEGO fan? Try this clever idea to make a handy travel case out of a tin lunch box to help kids bring along and build LEGO sets on the go! This could be a lifesaver when traveling, waiting at the the doctor’s office or restaurant. It takes just a few minutes to make, and would make such a fantastic and unique gift for LEGO loving kiddos.
DIY LEGO Travel Case
- On the back of the LEGO baseplate, mark how big you need it to fit on the top portion of lunch box. Keep in mind that you’ll want to cut it small enough so that the lid can still close.
- Carefully use a ruler and press down with a utility knife to score the plastic.
- Bend the baseplate back and forth a few times and it will split where you’ve cut a line.
- Glue it to the top of the lunch box.
- Place LEGO bricks inside box.
This is such a quick ten minute craft that works great!
Now I’m thinking what else can I do with LEGO baseplates!? Here are a couple of unique ideas that I’ve spotted online recently…