Creative Valentine’s Day Box Ideas (Monster and Emoji Themed)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need some crafty Valentine’s Day Box ideas? 💘📭
My kids always get excited to make their own boxes to keep classroom valentines in, and here are two options we put together to use this year. Grab some craft supplies and an empty shoebox, cereal box, or tissue box and get creating!
1.) Monster Valentine’s Day Box
For this Craft, You’ll Need:
- Empty Tissue Box
- Colored Duct Tape
- 2 Cardboard Toilet Paper Rolls, painted or covered in paper
- Egg Carton
- 2 Googly Eyes
- White Craft Foam or Cardstock
- Black Craft Foam or Cardstock
- Pipe Cleaners
- Craft Pom Poms
- Craft Glue
- Wrap empty tissue box using duct tape.
- Cut “teeth” strips using white craft foam and glue them to the top and bottom inside of the box opening.
- Glue on two egg carton pieces for “eyes” on top of the box.
- Glue googly eyes in middle.
- Glue toilet paper roll “legs” on the bottom of box along with “feet” shaped craft foam or paper.
- Glue pipe cleaner “antennas” and craft poms to the top of box or eyes.
- Add any other stickers or embellishments, as desired.
2.) 😍 Emoji Valentine’s Day Box
For This Craft, You’ll Need:
- Empty shoe box
- Paper (for wrapping the shoe box)
- Yellow, Red, Black, & Blue Craft Foam or Paper
- Craft Glue
- 😍 😎 😂 Emoji Templates (Click here to print the exact shapes I used)
- Cover box with paper if desired.
- Trace and cut out emoji shapes using scissors. (Feel free to use my templates or make your own.)
- Glue face details together.
- Glue completed emojis to box in any arrangement desired.
- Add any other stickers or embellishments desired.
Note: I actually used my new Cricut Explore Air Cutting Machine (THAT I LOVE!) to cut out fun Emoji shapes using craft foam. If you have a cutting machine, click here for the free SVG. files I used for this project.
These options are both super cute and easy to make! Don’t you love creating things like this with the kids!? So FUN. ✂
Feel free to improvise from these ideas and use supplies you may already have on hand. Such a great way to re-purpose empty boxes!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.