Make These 3 Frugal, Cute, and Easy DIY Unicorn Birthday Party Ideas!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Throwing a unicorn birthday party?
If your kids are enjoying the fun and stylish unicorn trend and want to host a birthday with this popular theme, check out these three ADORABLE DIY unicorn party ideas that are easy and inexpensive to make.
Simple & quick ideas anyone can do
I love that you can find many of these supplies at the dollar store (and may already have some on hand). These are also fun and easy enough to have your kids help create!
1.) Golden Unicorn Cupcakes
If you’re looking for a fun way to decorate cupcakes, using sugar cones as unicorn “horns” is a fun and easy idea!
To make these:
- Spray sugar cones, upside down, with a metallic shimmer edible spray.
- Let them dry a few minutes, then place cones on top of frosted cupcakes.
- Add flowers using frosting around the bottom of each cone.
2.) Easy Unicorn Goody Bags
How adorable are these unicorn party bags?! I love this clever idea of embellishing plain white paper bags. Dollar Tree carries these bags at 3 for just $1! Grab curly ribbon bows and faux flowers there too.
To make these:
- Draw unicorn eyes using a black marker on the front of a plain white gift bag.
- Cut a triangle shape out of gold colored cardstock and glue to the top center of the bag as a “horn”.
- Glue curly ribbon to the top of the bag, along with a few faux flowers using a hot glue gun.
3.) Unicorn Party Snacks
Make these fun unicorns out of plain white paper cups from Dollar Tree and clear, cone-shaped treat bags filled with mini marshmallows. This was such a fun craft to make, and I loved how adorable they turned out!
To make these:
- Turn a party cup upside down and draw unicorn eyes on the front using a black marker.
- Glue a couple of pieces of curling ribbon to the top of the cup between the eyes.
- Fill a cone-shaped treat bag up halfway with mini colored marshmallows.
- Secure the bag shut with tape, and tape or glue it to the cup as the unicorn’s “horn”.
- Cut ear shapes out of cardstock paper and color a pink detail inside each ear.
- Glue one ear to each side of the cup, as shown.
Want More Unicorn Party Tips?
- Check Dollar Tree for unicorn themed party supplies and goody bag items. I was able to spot plates, invitations, birthday banners, and more – ALL for just $1 each!
- Interested in making an EASY unicorn cake? Try frosting a round cake white and buying this adorable 5-piece unicorn cake topper that can be re-used!
- Make some unicorn-shaped cookies with this CUTE cookie cutter set from Michael’s!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! Check out all of Lina’s DIY/CRAFTS and RECIPES created just for Hip2Save.