3 Easy DIY Unicorn Party Ideas Using Dollar Tree Supplies
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Celebrate the most magical way!
Throwing a unicorn party?
If your kids are enjoying the fun and stylish unicorn trend and want to host a party with this popular theme, check out these three ADORABLE DIY unicorn birthday party ideas that are easy and inexpensive to make.
These are simple & quick ideas anyone can do!
I love that you can find many of these supplies at Dollar Tree, which is our favorite stop for affordable party supplies! You may even have some of these on hand already. They’re also fun and easy enough to have your kids help create!
1. Golden Unicorn Cupcakes
If you’re looking for a fun way to decorate cupcakes, use sugar cones as unicorn “horns”. Just pick up your cupcake mix and vanilla frosting from Dollar Tree, and then grab cones and shimmer spray at your local grocery store.
To make these Unicorn cupcakes:
- Spray sugar cones upside down with a metallic shimmer edible spray.
- Let them dry for a few minutes, then place cones on top of frosted cupcakes.
- Add flowers using colored frosting using food coloring around the bottom of each cone.
2. Easy Unicorn Goody Bags
How adorable are these unicorn birthday party bags?! I love this clever idea of embellishing plain white paper bags. Dollar Tree carries these bags at just 3 for $1.25! Grab curly ribbon bows and faux flowers there too.
To make these Unicorn Goodie Bags:
- Draw unicorn eyes using a black marker on the front of a plain white gift bag.
- Cut a triangle shape out of gold-colored cardstock and glue it to the top center of the bag as a “horn.”
- Glue curly ribbon to the top of the bag, along with a few faux flowers using a hot glue gun.
3. Unicorn Birthday Party Snacks
Make these fun unicorns out of plain white paper cups from Dollar Tree and clear, cone-shaped treat bags filled with mini marshmallows and mix in some twisted unicorn treats if desired! This was such a fun craft to make, and I loved how adorable they turned out!
To make these Unicorn Party Snacks:
- Turn a party cup upside down and draw unicorn eyelashes on the front using a black marker.
- Glue a couple of pieces of curling ribbon to the top of the cup between the eyes.
- Secure the bag shut with tape, and tape or glue it to the cup as the unicorn’s “horn”.
- Cut ear shapes out of cardstock paper and color a pink detail inside each ear.
- Glue one ear to each side of the cup, as shown.
Be sure to check out these other unicorn birthday party supplies and goody bag items from Dollar Tree!
Unicorn Birthday Party Plates
Only $1.25 per pack!
Colorful Balloon Weights
Only $1.25 per weight!
Unicorn Birthday Banner
Only $1.25 per banner!
Dollar Tree is the best spot to score great deals on all your unicorn birthday party needs! And the best part is that ALL the items are just $1 each!