Make DIY Pudding Slime That Feels Like Silky Soft Play Dough
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Have an extra box of pudding in the pantry?
Try making this DIY slime as a fun and easy craft with the kids! The result is a super soft play-dough type slime that smells great depending on the flavor you use. I love that there are just three easy ingredients, and it’s safe for younger kids. Technically this slime is actually edible, but with all the cornstarch, it doesn’t taste as great as it smells. Trust us, we tested! ha! 🤣
We made several flavors!
Out of the lemon, pistachio, and chocolate, the lemon was our favorite because of the pretty citrus smell. You can pick any flavor to experiment with, and obviously, if a child has a nut allergy, pick a different pudding flavor.
DIY Pudding Slime
- 1/4 cup instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 cup cornstarch
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together pudding and water.
- Slowly stir in a few tablespoons of cornstarch at a time, stopping to stir and combine in between.
- Keep stirring well. This could take a few minutes.
- Finally, pick up the ball and manipulate with hands until a slime forms. If you need a little more water, stir in a few drops at a time.
So fluffy and soft!
We loved how this homemade slime turned out, and it really was very easy. The texture is super soothing, and l love that it has no borax or potentially harmful chemicals if accidentally ingested.
Look at these happy faces!
What a fun little DIY craft! I did this with my nieces, and they had a blast. It was a little messy, so maybe next time we’ll do this outside to avoid the cornstarch mess, but overall this pudding slime was a success.