Shopping at Sam’s Club Has Never Been Easier (We’re Big Fans of Scan & Go!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Oh, Scan & Go, we L.O.V.E you so ❤️ !!!
If you’re tired of waiting in the checkout line to pay, you’ll definitely want to download the newly updated Sam’s Club app as it now has the awesome Scan and Go feature right inside the app!
With Scan & Go, your smartphone is transformed into your own personal scanning machine that you can use to quickly scan your items, pay and skip those long lines! 🎉 It’s now incorporated into the main Sam’s Club App so you can take advantage of all the great features in one place!
So many new features on the Sam’s Club app:
The app now has tabs at the bottom of the screen so you can easily navigate the app:
- Home – See your Instant Savings* or shop new limited-time, exclusive daily Shocking Values
- Scan & Go – Scan, shop, and pay for your in-club purchases from your phone
- Account – Quickly find your membership card, order history, and account information.
- More – Easily reorder your essentials, get directions and hours for your nearest club, and more!
*On the Home tab, click on the Instant Savings Book tab at the top to find all of the current Instant Savings deals for easy reference while shopping. You can even search for items you’re needing to buy to see if they’re on sale!
Scan & Go is SO easy to use, too! Here’s how…
Scan & Go helps you easily keep track of what you’re spending while you shop to help you stay within your budget – no more surprises! Plus, the tool is easy to use, so even your kiddos can scan items for you (and it will help keep them occupied! 😉). Just follow these easy steps –
- Download the free Sam’s Club mobile app and click on the Scan & Go tab at the bottom
- You’ll need to create an account, add a payment method, and enter your Sam’s Club membership number.
- Head to your local Sam’s Club with your phone, open up the Sam’s Club app, and start shopping.
- Scan each item’s UPC code as you’re adding it to your shopping cart.
- When you’re done shopping, click to pay for your items wherever you are in the store – no need to head to the busy checkout lanes!
- Show the digital payment receipt to the associate as you exit the warehouse.
- That’s it – easy peasy!
A few tips:
- Gift cards or cash rewards cannot be accepted as payment on the app.
- There is a $750 pre-tax limit for the total purchase amount with the app.
On the fence? Here’s what Hip2Save Readers have to say…
I have used this feature a few times already. It keeps my card on file and I just scan as I add it into the cart. It helped me watch what I was spending and I was able to checkout and not get in the very busy lines. ( Saturday Afternoon in my store is crazy). They just scanned the barcode and that is it. Also have done the order on my phone and pickup; that is a good one to do also. Love this feature!
I’ve been using this app since the beginning of the year and I LOVE IT! It’s really great to have on Black Friday and this time of year, with the exception of the pharmacy, I haven’t used a register since!
I have this app and love it! It puts a smile on my face when I walk past the long lines right up to exit to get my QR Code scanned. Using the receipt from the app when returning an item was easier than keeping up with a paper receipt.
Loooooove this!! I downloaded the app when you first posted it. It is such a joy to shop now. No lines and super easy to use. I often take my elderly father who has very limited mobility to do his shopping. This has been wonderful for him knowing that he doesn’t have to wait in long lines!