Top Deals This Week on Grocery Staples: Eggs, Milk, Butter, Bread, and More!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Pantry staples are more expensive than ever. Here’s where to get the best prices on grocery essentials this week!
The cost of groceries is at an all-time high, and it looks like high food prices are here to stay. As a result, many families are struggling to put food on the table while keeping their grocery bills in check.
Since food is essential and there’s not much we can do about rising prices, it’s more important than ever to shop for groceries as strategically as possible.
For some people, that may mean shopping at multiple grocery stores to get the lowest possible price on every item.
If you don’t have many grocery stores near you, your strategy may involve choosing the retailer with the best prices of the week and making just one trip to save on gas.
No matter what your money-saving strategy is, it’s going to require a little bit of advance planning, and we’re here to help! Below, we’re sharing this week’s price comparisons for pantry staples and other grocery essentials at four popular retailers.
The information below can be used to help you plan your grocery shopping for the week. Keep in mind that prices may vary by region, and some retailers aren’t available in all areas of the country.
We hope this list helps you to develop a grocery shopping strategy that will maximize your food budget, whether you’ll be visiting multiple stores to save the most money or consolidating trips to save on time and travel expenses.
Here’s the cost of pantry staples & other grocery essentials at four popular retailers this week:
- Target – Good and Gather 12ct Grade A Large Eggs 99¢ – lowest price of the week!
- Walmart – Great Value 12ct Grade A Large eggs $1.08
- Kroger – Kroger Brand 12ct Grade A Large Eggs $1.29
- Aldi – Goldhen 12ct Grade A Large Eggs $1.49
- Kroger – Kroger Brand 1-gallon Whole Milk $2.79 – lowest price of the week!
- Walmart – Great Value 1-gallon Whole Milk $4.26
- Target – Good and Gather 1-gallon Whole Milk $4.29
- Aldi – Friendly Farms 1-gallon Whole Milk $4.69
- Walmart – Great Value White Sandwich Bread $1.32 – lowest price of the week!
- Target – Market Pantry White Sandwich Bread $1.39
- Aldi – L’Oven fresh White Sandwich Bread $1.45
- Kroger – Kroger Brand Enriched Sandwich Bread $1.79
- Walmart – Great Value Sweet Cream Salted Butter, 16 oz $2.98 – lowest price of the week!
- Kroger – Kroger Salted Butter Sticks, 1 lb. $2.99 with digital coupon (starts 11/15)
- Aldi – Countryside Creamery 1 lb Salted Butter $3.65
- Target – Good and Gather 1 lb Salted Butter $3.79
- Kroger – Kroger 24-Pack Bottled Water 16.9 fl oz $3.49 with digital coupon (15¢ per bottle) – lowest price of the week!
- Target – Good and Gather 24-Pack Bottled Water 16.9 fl oz $3.49 (15¢ per bottle) – lowest price of the week!
- Aldi – Puraqua 24-Pack Bottled Water 16.9 fl oz $3.55 (15¢ per bottle)
- Walmart – Great Value 24-Pack Bottled Water 16.9 fl oz $3.64 (15¢ per bottle)