This DIY All-Purpose Natural Cleaner is So Easy to Make & Smells Amazing!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love a clean house?
Then try mixing up this easy DIY all-purpose cleaner – it’s cheap and easy to make! Just grab an empty spray bottle and pour equal parts distilled white vinegar and water, with a few drops of your favorite essential oil for a nice scent (we like Plant Therapy) — it’s really that simple!
Don’t love the smell of vinegar?
Vinegar is perfect for wiping down kitchen counters and really everyday all-purpose cleaning, but it carries a pretty sharp odor. Thanks to the anti-microbial properties of some essential oils, they’re a great way to disinfect naturally and will make this DIY all-purpose cleaner smell amazing!
For this all-purpose spray, I’ve added just a few drops of both Plant Therapy tea tree oil (to help disinfect) and Plant Therapy lemongrass essential oil (for the amazing scent). Both of these scents together smell super clean and refreshing.
Vinegar is great for general clean-ups but will not disinfect viruses like coronavirus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a diluted bleach solution (4 teaspoons bleach per 1 quart of room temperature water) as a DIY disinfectant of appropriate surfaces.
Helpful tips when making this DIY natural all-purpose cleaner:
- Feel free to re-use any water bottle for this idea. I love this high-quality glass one I ordered from Amazon.
- You can also throw in some lemon rinds and fresh rosemary in the bottle if you happen to have them as well, but that’s an optional step.
- Need a recommendation on excellent reusable cleaning cloths? You’ve gotta check out all the reasons why our team loves these Swedish dishcloths!
- Warning: Avoid cleaning marble or granite counters with vinegar because it could etch the surface.
DIY All-Purpose CleanerPrint
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- few drops of Plant Therapy tea tree oil
- few drops of Plant Therapy lemongrass essential oil
- optional: fresh rosemary sprigs and lemon rinds
This DIY natural cleaning spray works great to wipe up sinks, countertops, glass, and stainless appliances!
I enjoy using this in my kitchen area the most, and love that fresh lemongrass smell! It’s perfect for simple clean-ups throughout the day, and is convenient and fast to mix together!
Do you make your own all-purpose cleaner? Share in the comments your recipe or methods!