The poop emoji is still going strong! 💩
Incorporate this fun trend into your Christmas baking this year! Make these Santa Poop Emoji Christmas cookies as a festive food craft project! These cookies are so fun to make and turn out so CUTE! The kids will enjoy helping out, and you’ll get some YUMMY cookies out of it, too!
Start with yummy sugar cookie dough!
There’s some prep work involved in this project. For example, you’ll need to make sugar cookies and cut them out using a poop emoji cookie cutter. You can obliviously go with store-bought cookie dough, but I love and recommend THIS recipe we’ve used in the past to make rolled sugar cookies! They are delicious, and they hold their shape perfectly. Just remember to chill dough for two hours, as instructed.
Hip Tip: You can grab this pack of 5 cookie cutters for around $20 on Amazon (including the poop emoji one), which makes the cost just a bit over $3 per cookie cutter!
Make some royal icing!
Use whichever icing you like, but THIS is the Chocolate Royal Icing I chose, and my Santa cookies turned out yummy. Royal icing is a thin consistency icing made mostly of powdered sugar. It’s commonly used to “flood” sugar cookies for decorating and gives them a shiny texture. You’ll also need meringue powder, as most royal icing recipes call for that ingredient (then you’ll add a bit more water as needed so the texture is a little thinner to “flood” the cookie).
DIY Santa Poop Cookies
- Roll out cookie dough, cut shapes, and place cookies on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake cookies according to recipe directions. Let cool. Note: One batch of dough made 12 of these cookies for me.
- Pipe royal icing around the cookie and fill in any little gaps using a toothpick. Make sure royal icing is a little on the thinner side by adding a teaspoon of water at a time. The texture shouldn’t be thick.
- Once the icing starts to dry, draw a line using a toothpick to show separation of the three sections. This is optional, but I think lets you see some definition of the “poop”. LOL 😆
- Let the royal icing completely dry. Toward the top of the cookie, add a Santa hat detail using red cookie frosting. You can, of course, use homemade frosting and dye it red. I just used the grocery store bought Betty Crocker tube with the “basket weave” tip (that’s part of the tips you can buy separately).
- Add some white cookie frosting details to the top and bottom of Santa hat. I used a “star” tip for this portion.
- Add some candy eyes and a mouth detail. I’m using some black decoration gel here for the mouth. You can alternatively skip buying the candy eyes and just use black and white frosting.
How fun are these Santa Poop Christmas cookies?
I just love how these turned out! Even better, these cookies really do taste GREAT, too! What a fun Christmas themed cookie to make! LOL Have fun, and if you make them, don’t forget to send us in a photo! Enjoy!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.