Transform Dollar Tree Pumpkins Using Tissue Paper!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
In the mood for a fun fall craft?
I’m not sure about you, but nothing cheers me up quite like an easy Dollar Tree DIY project. Today I’m sharing this cute and easy idea of decorating craft pumpkins using pretty tissue paper and Mod Podge decoupage! For me, a simple craft can be such great therapy and this one is such a blast to do.
The result is a beautifully whimsical craft pumpkin makeover that looks much more expensive than $1! Create a grouping of these and place them in a bowl to incorporate as part of your home’s fall decor!
Dollar Tree has all the supplies you’ll need!
If making decoupage pumpkins is on your fall bucket list, then you’re in luck because not only is this a pretty project, but it’s frugal too because most of the supplies you can pick up at Dollar Tree. I spotted this floral tissue paper in-store and it was the inspiration for this project. They also have various sized craft pumpkins to decorate, too. All for just $1 each! 🙌
If you happen to have any pretty tissue paper in your stash at home and craft pumpkins from previous years, this would also be a great opportunity to use those instead of buying new.
Tips for making these adorable Mod Podge decoupage pumpkins:
- You can use tissue paper or even decorative paper party napkins! If using napkins, removed the 2nd layer so you’d just be applying the top layer (so a single ply) with the design using Mod Podge.
- I decided to paint my pumpkins white first to hide the bright orange color using a light coat of white spray paint. That’s an optional step and you can use whatever paint you have on hand. Spray paint can melt the styrofoam, so just spray lightly and not super close to the pumpkin if using that type of paint.
- I painted my stems gold, and that is optional, too. You can use gold craft paint or I sprayed a paintbrush with this gold spray paint and then quickly painted some on each stem.
Decoupage Dollar Tree Pumpkins Using Tissue PaperPrint
- craft pumpkins
- spray paint (optional if painting first)
- Mod Podge decoupage
- paint brush or paint sponge
- tissue paper
- gold paint
What a fantastic pumpkin transformation!
I love turning ordinary items into something special, and high-end looking. These look like they were purchased at a boutique and not Dollar Tree! You could pick any color tissue paper or paper napkins and really customize it for your home decor.
I have my pumpkins displayed in a wooden dough bowl and added some pretty pottery casa beads to complete this look! Mine were found from a local Mexican import store, but here’s a similar dough bowl on Etsy and wood casa beads to consider!