How to Make Homemade Bath Bombs (It’s Easy!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Love the fizzy & fragrant bath bombs sold in stores? 🛀 💣
Did you know that it’s actually super EASY & FUN to make your own bath bombs at home?! You can even customize them with the essential oils you like, and add in any dye if you want them to color your bathwater.
I was actually going for a more natural approach with this batch, so I skipped the food coloring and just used essential oils and some dried lavender.
This bath bomb recipe works great and is such a fantastic little DIY project!
Keep reading to see how easy it is to make homemade bath bombs!
Hip tips for making DIY lavender bath bombs:
- Citric acid can be found in stores with the canning supplies, but after visiting a couple of stores I found it much less expensive to buy in bulk online.
- Round molds are a must for compressing the powder into a perfectly spherical bath bomb. I love these ones from The Bath Company that I scored for under $10 on Amazon!
- The relaxing scent of lavender is great for this product, but feel free to swap out with your favorite essential oil variety!
- Having trouble getting the bath bombs to set? Try placing the filled mold in the freezer for 5 minutes to set. I found this to be very helpful!
How to Make Bath BombsPrint
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8-10 drops essential oils (I used Plant Therapy Lavender and Peppermint essential oils)
- Optional add-in: tablespoon of dried lavender
- Bath bomb molds (I used 2.5-inch molds)
Note: This recipe made 5 bath bombs using the 2.5-inch molds.
These bath bombs make your bath water smell AMAZING!
My kids enjoyed helping with this project too, and they were so excited to use the bath bombs when they were finished!
Bath Bombs also make great homemade gifts to share with friends and family. How cute would it be to create a “Bath Bomb Kit” and provide everything needed to make these as a gift!? So fun!
Make this gentle and effective DIY Makeup Remover with just 3 Ingredients!