Here’s How to Use Damage-Free Command Shelves to Organize Every Room
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need to do some home organizing?
Check out these awesome 21-inch Command floating shelves that attach to the wall using Command strips! They’re the perfect ledges for organizing every room of my house – and they’re about to become your favorite inexpensive organizing tool, too! Here are some of the reasons I love these floating shelves and a few of the many ways I’m currently using them.
First, here’s why I love my Command shelves:
- They hold up to five pounds and require no nails (or hammer) to install.
- They won’t damage your walls, which is especially great for renters and college dorm rooms.
- Each ledge even comes with extra command strips for hanging.
Here are some uses for these Command floating shelves:
In the kitchen pantry
- Organize your spices (see top image).
- Keep other small, frequently-used kitchen pantry items within reach.
- Display plates or other tableware.
- Store cleaning supplies up high, out of reach of children.
- Use it to hold medicine bottles, pill cases, or vitamins.
Near the front door
- Keep track of your wallet, cell phone, keys, etc.
- Display family pictures.
- Organize mail, bills, and school permission slips.
In the kids’ rooms
- Display small toy collections, action figures, card games, etc.
- Fill it with your child’s framed artwork or family photos.
- Use it as a children’s book display.
- Organize school supplies.
- Hang it next to a bed and use it as a mini-nightstand or charging station.
To organize the bathroom
- Store your nail polish.
- Display your essential oil collection.
- Organize your cosmetics.
- Use them in place of a medicine cabinet for vitamins, medications, and first aid supplies.
These little shelves are such a versatile organizing tool that offer so many different ways to organize smaller items. I have them all over the house, and I keep finding reasons to buy more!