Skip the Lettuce and Make this Fresh and Easy Summer Corn Salad!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you need a foolproof salad with lots of fresh veggies, this summer corn salad is a side dish dream!
Instead of boring lettuce, make this fresh corn salad instead!
Take advantage of seasonal corn and make a summer corn salad that’s both full of bright flavors and is also very easy to make. With this zesty olive oil & apple cider dressing and yummy feta cheese, you’ll be the hero of your next cookout! It’s a perfect match to pair with summer grilling.
The result is a bright and fresh-tasting salad that has tons of flavor without lots of dressing. It’s so refreshing and all the textures work together for a brilliant combo of veggies, herbs, and feta!
Tips for making the best summer corn salad:
- This recipe starts with four ears of cooked corn on the cob. How you choose to cook them is up to you. You can even cook them a day prior if you’d like as an easy prep ahead idea! If desired, you can always just use a few cups of thawed and drained frozen corn instead!
- Using my Instant Pot is my preferred easy method! To do this, set your Instant Pot to 3 minutes on high or manual mode. Just make sure to pour in a cup of water along with corn. After cooking, I just let it cool and then cut the corn off the cob into the mixing bowl.
- My other favorite easy way is to boil corn on the cob. Here are my best tips for boiling corn and how long to do so.
- This recipe is so easy to change up the veggies and add or subtract different ones. I think diced cucumbers would be a delicious addition and a can of black beans or chickpeas as well. If feta isn’t a favorite cheese, try fresh mozzarella balls instead.
- The dressing is very subtle since most of the flavor is in the veggies and basil. Taste it and if it needs more vinegar, feel free to add a little extra and the same with salt and pepper.
- Leftovers were still yummy the next day, but the dressing did make the tomatoes a little soggy. If prepping ahead this salad, reserve the dressing for right before you serve it!
Fresh & Easy Summer Corn Salad
yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 15 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
This delicious corn salad with bright fresh flavors will be the highlight of your summer BBQ!
For the salad:
- 4-5 ears of sweet corn, cooked and cut from the cob
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced (about 5 oz.)
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
This easy-to-make summer corn salad is SO GOOD.
I mean, what’s not to love? Sweet corn and a lot of delicious flavors are happening here. The feta cheese and fresh basil throw it over the top! In fact, I could probably eat this whole bowl, but I’ll save some for my family. 😉
Over the weekend I made this and served it alongside some grilled ribeye steaks and it was absolute perfection!
Here’s what my teammate Erica says about this summer corn salad:
“Make this recipe and then BRING IT TO EVERY SUMMER GATHERING! Your friends & family will be so impressed! It seriously has the best flavor, is so pretty and it’s super simple to make. The feta cheese adds the perfect touch too! Love this salad!”