Sopapilla Cheesecake Squares | Dangerously Good & Really Easy to Make
These insanely delicious, yet really easy to make Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars or as we call them, Cream Cheese Squares, have been such a popular recipe on the site. The bottom is a buttery crescent roll, the filling is sweetened cream cheese, and the top layer is a buttery crust with lots of cinnamon and sugar.
This recipe is so simple to make, requires just a few basic ingredients, and is dangerously good – don’t say I didn’t warn ya!
It’s a Hip2Save Family Favorite recipe!
These exact cream cheese squares happen to be a personal family favorite of Collin’s, and I’ve been making them for years, too! They literally take about 10 minutes to prepare (and then an agonizing 30 minutes to bake)… super easy! I promise this recipe won’t disappoint.
**WARNING** If you’re on a diet, please close your eyes and scroll past this recipe.
Helpful tips when making homemade sopapilla cheesecake squares:
- The addition of a tiny bit of lemon juice and lemon zest is optional, but brightens the filling, and is so delicious!
- Let the squares cool completely before cutting. In fact, you can even set them in the fridge for a while so the middle can become firmer to cut.
- These will disappear super fast at any gathering, so maybe consider making two batches for a larger crowd.
- You can serve the cinnamon sugar squares as is, or consider adding fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas, apple slices) or pie filling on top to make these even tastier!
Sopapilla Cheesecake Squares
yield: 12 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
total time: 40 MINUTES
Flaky squares of cinnamon sugar pastry with a filling of delicious sweetened cream cheese.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
These are dangerously GOOD!
There’s basically no better way to use crescent rolls than to make some yummy Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars! They are super-rich and decadent and taste almost like a fancy cream cheese danish. The best part is, even if you’re not a talented baker, you’ll be able to pull these off for sure- enjoy!
Eating low carb? Try our keto version on Hip2Keto.com!