Cyber Monday is arguably the biggest virtual shopping day of the year! This year, Cyber Monday is November 28, 2022. This holiday is always the Monday after Thanksgiving and Black Friday. Cyber Monday sometimes even extends throughout the week and is called Cyber Week. This is the time when online retailers have their best online sales in hopes that you will get all of your Christmas shopping done online this week. Stay tuned for all of the best Cyber Monday 2022 deals from Target, Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy, and more.
How is Black Friday Different From Cyber Monday? Read This!
It's truly never too early to start planning for savings on Cyber Monday and we suspect online shopping to be at an all-time high this year. Last year, we saw some of the hottest deals rolling out all month long so by brushing up on these Cyber Monday shopping tips now, you'll be prepared for whatever the virtual holiday shopping season has in store.
Here are the best 2022 Cyber Monday shopping tips to nail your virtual shopping day:
1. Get on Collin's contact list so she can text you all the best deals.Checking our site every 10 minutes as we roll out the hottest deals of the season isn't practical for many people and oftentimes the very best deals we post sell out so fast! To make your life easier, simply text Collin and she'll add you to her list of contacts so she can send you the deals the second they're available.
Sign up for texts from Hip2Save to get all the best deals delivered straight to your phone!
2. Check out last year's deals for an idea of what to expect.By checking out some of our most popular 2022 ads, you'll be able to see if any of the products featured align with your desired shopping list. Be sure to let us know too if you see any must-have deals you're looking to score for this year so we can keep an eye out and text you if we find a great deal this season!
3. Look for discounted eGift cards.Once you have a list of retailers you'll likely be making rounds on Cyber Monday, look for discounted gift cards from Raise.com. Note that all gift cards do not work the same, so be sure to only purchase cards you can use online if you're planning to use them during Cyber Monday. Some cards are for in-store purchases only, so you don't want to make that mistake! Although, even if you do, there will always be more opportunities even after Cyber Monday is over.
You may also find some deals on cards during Black Friday sales prior to Cyber Monday!
4. Learn which sites offer free shipping & free returns.Even though many retailers offer free shipping or lower minimums during major sales, it's helpful to know the shipping standard in the off chance free shipping isn't an option. You'll also want to know what the return policy entails, so you don't wind up losing money by returning a purchase you no longer want.
5. Keep your payment information secure to protect against hackers.As much as we love online shopping, scammers love it, too. And that goes for plenty of other virtual shopping days besides Cyber Monday that can leave many shoppers information more vulnerable.
Here are some simple ways to keep your billing information safe:
- Only shop from sites you are familiar with rather than unknown retailers, no matter how good the advertised deal is.
- If shopping from a phone, make your purchases through the retailer's specific app instead of a web browser.
- For website purchases, only enter your information on sites that start with "https" rather than just "http" (no s), as those sites tend to be more secure.
- Make sure you are using a private computer (not a public or shared PC) on a password-protected WiFi network (again, not public).
Avoid pop-ups and suspicious emails too.Typically, if a deal is WAY too good to be true, it is. You'll likely see pop-ups or an influx of spammy emails promoting insane discounts without a trustworthy source. Do yourself (and all your secure information) a favor, and do not click on them.
We cover all the best, legit, Cyber Monday deals right here on Hip2Save, anyway!
6. Turn down upsells and add-ons.You know when you're about to check out, and the "Spend $20 more to add product XYZ to your purchase!" prompt pops up to tempt you to spend more? Look away! You can easily end up spending more than intended on products you don't actually need...unless, of course, you know you really need it. 🤣
7. Use a rewards credit card to capitalize on points.If you're going to make the purchase, you may as well get a little added incentive for it. Many rewards credit cards offer anywhere from 1-5% cashback on everyday purchases, though some can have percentages even higher when used on certain websites or in specific product categories! There are also other benefits, like extended return times in the case of the Target RedCard where you'll receive 30 extra days!
It's important to note you should make sure you can pay off your balance in FULL each month and never spend beyond your limits. Credit card interest fees are so destructive to a budget!
Happy Cyber Monday shopping!
Page 1 of 15