Everything to Know About Walmart’s Price Match Policy
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
We summarized the Walmart Price Match policy so you can become familiar with it before your next shopping trip!
Does Walmart Price Match? The verdict is…
Here’s what you need to know about the Walmart Price Match Policy:
When price matching while in-store, Walmart will only price match Walmart.com on in-stock identical items and may be limited to one per customer, per item, per day.
When price matching an item sold on Walmart.com for online purchase, it must be sold from one of the approved competing retailers. These retailers include:
The item needs to be identical to the one you’re price matching, including the same size, model, quantity, brand, and color. Be sure to confirm that the item is in stock both on Walmart.com and the website of the competing retailer before making a price match request. Walmart will guarantee a price match for one item per individual customer per day; this doesn’t apply to New Mexico unless the purchase is for resale.
Now that you know what’s eligible, how do you go about price matching?
Shopping online? Simply contact Walmart Customer Care by going here and clicking on the contact us button at the bottom of the page before placing an online order. They will then need to confirm the eligibility of a price match.
In-store, the on-duty manager has the final say, and, if deemed appropriate, they’ll approve your price match request after verifying that the same exact item is in stock on Walmart.com for a lower price.
You can make price match requests in-store for online prices, but you cannot price match in-store prices.
Be sure to review the Walmart Price Match exclusions as there are a lot!
Here’s an easy breakdown of what Walmart WON’T price match…
- Items purchased from Walmart.com that later decrease in price.
- Stores in Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico do not Price Match other store prices or online prices.
- Prices from, or on behalf, of Marketplace and third-party sellers.
- Discounts applied in checkout.
- Offers advertised as a percentage off or dollar off (e.g., “15% off” or “$5 off”).
- Auctions prices or those requiring memberships (such as Costco or Sam’s)
- Prices that cannot be determined independently of other items (e.g., fees, shipping charges).
- Bundle offers, rebates, coupons, mail-in offers, offers that include financing.
- Prices that require a minimum quantity purchase.
- Items that other retailers have listed as clearance, closeout, liquidation, special hour/flash/limited quantity, or other special event offers.
- Damaged, used, or refurbished items.
- Price errors.
- In-store prices.
- Prices as a result of pickup discounts.
- Black Friday and Cyber Week sales/promotions (including Pre-Black Friday event prices).
Know the details before you go!
Walmart is very detailed with its policy, but don’t let this discourage you! As long as you do your research and make sure the same product is cheaper from another approved online competitor, you should be golden! If you have any other questions, be sure to double-check Walmart’s website for additional details about their policy. 🙌
Happy shopping! 🛍
Looking to save on back-to-school supplies at Walmart? Enjoy deals as low as 25¢!