Earn up to $20/Hr Working from Home & Teaching English w/ EF Education First
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Make money. Make a difference. And work from home!
Looking for a job that you can do from the comfort of your own home? EF Education First is a great way to do that – and right now, they’re hiring teachers who are interested in a job working from home to teach English to kids!
EF Education First (rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau) is the oldest and most respected brand in private language teaching. This U.S.-based company currently has 46,500+ teachers and staff across all continents – but they’re looking to hire more teachers who are passionate about teaching! You’ll just need to be a native English speaker and have a Bachelor’s degree from a US or UK University, in ANY field to qualify.
What are the requirements of working for EF?
- Native English speaker.
- Currently reside in US or UK
- Prior teaching experience or equivalent (ie: education assistant, tutoring, mentoring, or homeschooling)
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Minimum 40 hour TEFL Certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (this does not need to be provided until the beginning of contract term & is easy to obtain).
- Must supply your own personal computer, headset, and have a reliable WiFi connection.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Passionate about teaching
At EF, you’ll earn up to $20 per hour to start through a combination of base pay and achievable incentives like teaching more classes and/or teaching during surge times.
All EF online lessons for kids are just 25 minutes in length and are one-on-one with Chinese children aged 5 to 14. And with EF, you’ll get all the help and support you need and will be able to use EF’s innovative teaching materials in your lessons.
Advantages of working for EF:
- Flexible work-from-home schedule.
- Work on EF’s custom-designed, user-friendly platform, and online classroom.
- Access to EF material with options to customize your lessons.
- 24/7 basic troubleshooting support.
- Communication and payment transfer from a U.S.-based company.
- Inspire students from around the world to achieve their language goals
Please note that the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate is only a requirement if you get hired. It is not a requirement to have prior to applying or even something you need to obtain during the process, rather only something you must obtain before you actually teach a class. There is no “minimum” quality of course required and there are many which will cost as little as $12-$19 to complete! Click here or here for some options.
Check out this readers’ review of EF…
I work for EF kids and love it!!! It is so laid back. The students you are working with have already been taught this lesson by their classroom teacher so you are reinforcing the skills already taught. I also teach elementary students so this job is so easy and I really enjoy it. No background or props required, easy cancellation policy and no demo interview!