Earn Up to $20/Hr Working From Home & Teaching English w/ EF Education First
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Earn money without having to leave the house!
Looking for a way to work from the comfort of your own home? EF Education First is a great way to do that – and right now, they’re hiring teachers who are interested in teaching English to kids!
EF Education First (rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau) is a U.S.-based company and currently has 46,500+ teachers and staff across all continents – but they’re looking to hire more teachers who are passionate about teaching! You’ll just need to be a native English speaker and have a Bachelor’s degree in ANY field to qualify.
What are the requirements of working for EF?
- Native English speaker.
- Passionate about teaching.
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- Minimum 40 hour TEFL Certificate (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (this does not need to be provided until beginning of contract term & is easy to obtain).
- Must supply your own personal computer, headset, and have a reliable WiFi connection.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
At EF, you’ll earn up to $20 per hour to start through a combination of base pay and achievable incentives like teaching more classes and/or teaching during surge times.
All EF online lessons for kids are just 25 minutes in length and are one-on-one with Chinese children aged 5 to 10. And with EF, you’ll get all the help and support you need and will be able to use EF’s innovative teaching materials in your lessons.
Perks of working for EF:
- Flexible work-from-home schedule.
- Work on EF’s custom-designed, user-friendly platform and online classroom.
- Access to EF material with options to customize your lessons.
- 24/7 basic troubleshooting support.
- Communication and payment transfer from a U.S.-based company.
- Inspire students from around the world to achieve their language goals
Please note that the TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certificate is only a requirement if you get hired. It is not a requirement to have prior to applying or even something you need to obtain during the process, rather only something you must obtain before you actually teach a class. There is no “minimum” quality of course required and there are many which will cost as little as $10-$12 to complete! Click here or here for some options.