The Polar Express Train Rides Are Back – Reserve Your Seats Before They Sell Out!
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Give your family the most magical Christmas memories yet by taking them on a Polar Express Train ride!
Get ready to experience your most memorable Christmas yet!
If you want to switch up this year’s family Christmas activity, we can’t think of a better way to do it than by scoring some tickets for the 2021 Polar Express Train Ride!
Inspired by the classic children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg, the magical Polar Express Train Ride brings the beloved story to life.
In case you’re unfamiliar with the book, it follows the story of a young boy who doubts the existence of Santa Claus and finds himself boarding a train to the North Pole. Upon his arrival, he gets to meet Santa who gives him a very special silver bell for Christmas and helps reignite his belief in the magic of the holiday.
Here’s how they recreate the classic story in real life with the Polar Express Train Ride…
There are several participating Polar Express Train ride locations all over the country. And just like in the story, passengers get to experience all the joy and wonder of a trip to “The North Pole” accompanied by hot cocoa, cookies, caroling, and a reading of The Polar Express. Plus, the train ride is set to the movie soundtrack!
Santa will be there to greet passengers upon arrival at The North Pole and each child will receive their very own sleigh bell. And as an added element of fun, families are encouraged to wear their pajamas just as the characters in the story did!
Many Polar Express Train Ride locations were closed last year, but they’re back open for business in 2021!
Unfortunately, many of the participating Polar Express Train locations had to discontinue operations last year due to local and state Covid-19 regulations. We can assume the same safety protocols will be in place this year, which included (per the Polar Express Train Ride website) “physical distancing, reduced occupancy limits, cleaning procedures, and face coverings.”
However, each location operates independently, so be sure to check with your local train depot for updated Covid-19 information!
Wondering how to get tickets for these magical train rides?
- First, check out the participating location nearest to you.
- Once you find the location you’d like to get tickets from, click the “Visit Our Website” button and purchase tickets via that location’s webpage. Remember, each one is run independently so prices, times, regulations, and ticket availability may vary.
- To make sure you’re able to join in the fun, we recommend purchasing tickets ASAP! The events usually sell out quickly, so scoop up some tickets as soon as you’re able to. You can reserve spaces now, and the participating trains generally operate from Thanksgiving through Christmas.
- Be sure to check out the different train classes when booking tickets. The 1st class tickets are usually pricier than coach but often come with extra goodies!
- Tickets generally start at $40+ per adult and $30+ for children, but sometimes you can score a discount if you book in groups.
Note: If traveling with other separately booked parties, be sure to let your Polar Express Train location know ahead of time if you’d like to sit together. Otherwise, they may not be able to accommodate your preferred seating arrangements.
Most Polar Express Train Ride locations are already accepting reservations, so be sure to hurry and purchase tickets before they sell out!