The Ultimate Guide to the Target Circle Loyalty Program
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Get rewarded and save money easily while shopping at Target? Yes, please!
Target Circle (previously known as Target Cartwheel) has gotten an exciting new upgrade allowing you to save more money with their Circle offers, earn rewards, and make a difference in your community!
The new and improved program is simple & easy to use (even our own Stetson has been using it without hassle!)—better yet, it’s free to join!
How do you sign up for Target Circle?
Make sure you complete your account profile to be eligible to redeem your Target Circle rewards. You’ll definitely want to enter your birthday information as well to earn a special offer for 5% off your shopping trip on your big day! 🎉
Hip Tip: Check out our huge list of 175 birthday freebies, coupons, and deals!
Once your account is established, check out the Target Circle dashboard to explore your benefits, keep track of your earnings, cast your votes for local nonprofits, and update your account information at any time.
How do you take advantage of Target Circle offers in-store?
The Target mobile app makes it easy to save while you’re shopping! You’ll find hundreds of Circle offers (formerly known as Cartwheel offers), ranging from 5% up to 50% off in categories such as groceries, clothes, furniture, baby products, toys, beauty, health, seasonal, and more.
How to use the Target Circle app in store:
- Download the Target mobile app at Target.com or directly on iTunes or Google Play and log into your Target account.
- Browse for deals in the app:
- By category
- By the Weekly Ad
- By your location within the store
- By scanning item barcodes
- By searching via the search bar
- Offers can be sorted by newest, highest discount, trending deals, or by expiring. You can add up to 50 offers on your Circle account at one time.
- Save offers to your wallet by clicking the “+” sign. To delete offers, click on the green checkmark to deselect.
What kind of offers can you expect?
If you’re already familiar with Target’s previous Cartwheel offers, you’ll know that discounts can range from 5% to 50% off within all product categories. Around this time last year, we saw offers for 50% off toys, which will undoubtedly be helpful for the upcoming holiday gifting season!
Your best bet is to bookmark our Target page so you can check for all the latest and greatest deals that include offers from Target Circle!
How do you apply your offers at checkout?
When you’re ready to go, have the cashier scan your Wallet barcode (accessible by hitting “Wallet” in the center of the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen) which combines all of your Circle offers, store ad coupons, and Target payment options in one easy step.
If you’re a Target RedCard holders, you may have additional coupons or offers in the app which will need to be applied before you scan your Wallet code.
How do you add Target Circle offers online?
If shopping online, just tap the “+ Save” button on the product page and then add the item to your cart. The discount will be applied at checkout. Circle offers are valid when you choose order pickup, same-day delivery, shop in-store, or choose shipping on qualifying items.
*Each Circle offer can be used for a maximum of four qualifying items per transaction unless otherwise noted. Limit one Circle account per transaction and six Circle transactions per day.
How do you earn rewards with Target Circle?
Ways to earn Rewards on purchases:
- Enter your mobile number on the keypad or self-checkout screen in-store to earn 1% when paying with gift cards, cash, or other credit or debit cards.
- Show the cashier your Wallet barcode or scan it at self-checkout in the Target app.
- Sign in to your connected Target.com account before checkout to earn on any eligible online purchase.
- Scan or enter the receipt number within 7 days to collect earnings from an in-store purchase.
Every time you use a non-RedCard form of payment as a Target Circle member, you’ll earn 1% in Target Circle Earnings rewards on an eligible purchase amount. Note that the reward amount is after any promotions, discounts, coupons, and Target Circle Earnings reward redemptions.
If you link your Target RedCard and use it at checkout, you’ll still get 5% off but will not receive the 1% reward in addition. If using both a RedCard and non-RedCard form of payment on a single purchase, you will not earn Target Circle Earnings rewards.
Target Circle Earnings cannot be earned on the following:
- Adult beverage purchases
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter items located behind the pharmacy counter
- Some partner businesses, including in-store clinics, Target Optical and Target Plus Partners
- Shipt App and tips for Shipt shoppers
- Purchases made from Target on 3rd party sites such as Google Express
- Target Gift Cards and Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards and prepaid cards taxes, shipping, delivery, handling and all other fees or charges
- Any RedCard balance, debit card cash withdrawals at checkout and payments for insufficient funds
- Prior purchases (except if you are able to submit a receipt from a prior purchase within 7 days)
How do you redeem Target Circle earnings?
To redeem rewards inside Target stores, apply the Target Circle Earnings reward in your Target Circle account, and then either provide your mobile telephone number or scan your Wallet in the Target App during checkout.
To redeem on Target.com, apply the Target Circle Earnings reward to your next online order during checkout.
Target Circle Earnings rewards can only be redeemed for merchandise or services at Target. They have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
What are you waiting for?!
Login or create a Target account, make sure your account information is filled out and up to date, add offers to your wallet, and get to shopping! You’ll be amazed at the earnings you’ll begin to accumulate.