How to Use Target Circle Offers (Plus, Score a Rare Coupon on Your Birthday!)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Get rewarded and save money easily while shopping at Target? Yes, please!
If you don’t know what Target Circle is, you need to… especially if you’re a regular Target shopper! Target Circle is the customer loyalty program that replaced Target’s Cartwheel program back in October of 2019. Shoppers can easily use Target Circle to save more money with their Circle offers, earn rewards, and make a difference in their local communities!
Not only is Target Circle simple to use, but it’s also easy to join and completely free!
How do you sign up for Target Circle?
Don’t have an account? You can either create a Target.com account, or apply and get approved for a RedCard. You can also just share your phone number at checkout in any Target store to start earning rewards!
Be sure to enter your birthday in your account profile for a nice surprise!
Make sure you complete your account profile to be eligible to redeem your Target Circle rewards. You’ll also want to enter your birthday information to earn a special offer for 5% off one shopping trip during the month after your big day! On your birthday, watch for an email with the subject line, “Here’s your birthday gift from Target Circle” letting you know that the offer has been loaded to your wallet! 🎉
Hip Tip: Check out our huge list of 175 birthday freebies, coupons, and deals!
Once your account is established, check out the Target Circle dashboard to explore your benefits, keep track of your earnings, cast your votes for local nonprofits, and update your account information at any time.
How do you take advantage of Target Circle offers in-store?
The Target mobile app makes it easy to save while you’re shopping! You’ll find hundreds of Circle offers ranging from 5% up to 50% off (possibly even more!) in categories such as groceries, clothes, furniture, baby products, toys, beauty, health, seasonal, and more.
How do you use the Target Circle app in-store:
- Download the Target mobile app at Target.com (or directly on iTunes or Google Play) and log into your Target account.
- Browse for deals in the app:
- By category
- By the Weekly Ad
- By your location within the store
- By scanning item barcodes
- By searching via the search bar
- Offers can be sorted by newest, highest discount, trending deals, or by expiration date. You can add up to 75 offers on your Circle account at one time.
- Save offers to your wallet by clicking the “+” sign. To delete offers, click on the green checkmark to deselect.
What kind of offers can you expect?
Discounts can range from 5% to 50% off within all product categories. Your best bet is to bookmark our Target page so you can check for all the latest and greatest deals that include Target Circle offers!
How do you apply your offers at checkout?
When you’re ready to pay, have the cashier scan your Wallet barcode (accessible by tapping the Wallet icon in the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen). Your Wallet barcode contains all of your Circle offers, store ad coupons, and Target payment options in one easy step.
If you’re a Target RedCard holder, you may have additional coupons or offers in the app which will need to be applied before you scan your Wallet code.
How do you add Target Circle offers online?
When shopping online, just click the “+ Save” button on the product page and then add the item to your cart. The Target Circle offer will then be applied at checkout. Circle offers are valid when you choose order pickup, same-day delivery, shop in-store, or choose standard shipping on qualifying items.
How do you earn rewards with Target Circle?
- Enter your mobile number on the keypad or self-checkout screen in-store to earn 1% when paying with gift cards, cash, or other credit or debit cards.
- Show the cashier your Wallet barcode or scan it at self-checkout in the Target app.
- Sign in to your connected Target.com account before checkout to earn on any eligible online purchase.
- Scan or enter the receipt number within 7 days after your purchase to collect earnings from an in-store purchase.
Every time you use a non-RedCard form of payment as a Target Circle member, you’ll earn 1% in Target Circle Earnings rewards on an eligible purchase amount. Note that the reward amount is after any promotions, discounts, coupons, and Target Circle Earnings reward redemptions.
If you link your Target RedCard and use it at checkout, you’ll still get 5% off but will not receive the 1% reward in addition. If using both a RedCard and non-RedCard form of payment on a single purchase, you will not earn Target Circle Earnings rewards.
Target Circle Earnings cannot be earned on the following:
- Adult beverage purchases
- Dairy product purchases
- Prescriptions and over-the-counter items located behind the pharmacy counter
- Some partner businesses, including in-store clinics, Target Optical and Target Plus Partners
- Target Subscription and Boxed Subscription purchase
- Purchases made on the Shipt App and tips for Shipt shoppers
- Purchases made from Target on 3rd party sites such as Google Express
- Target Restock purchases
- Target Gift Cards and Visa, American Express and Mastercard gift cards and prepaid cards
- Taxes, shipping, delivery, handling, and all other fees or charges
- Payment of any RedCard balance, debit card cash withdrawals at checkout, and payments for insufficient funds
- Prior purchases (except if you are able to submit a receipt from a prior purchase within 7 days)
How do you redeem Target Circle earnings?
To redeem rewards inside Target stores, apply the Target Circle Earnings reward in your Target Circle account, and then either provide your mobile telephone number or scan your Wallet in the Target App during checkout.
To redeem on Target.com, apply the Target Circle Earnings reward to your next online order during checkout.
Target Circle Earnings rewards can only be redeemed for merchandise or services at Target. They have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash.
What are you waiting for?!
Login or create a Target account, make sure your account information is complete and up to date, add offers to your wallet, and get to shopping! You’ll be amazed at the earnings you’ll begin to accumulate.