Family Dollar: FREE Clairol Balsam Hair Color!

Family Dollar has the Clairol Balsam Hair color on sale for ONLY $2.50! Plus, you can use the $5/2 coupon from the 3/7 PG to score 2 boxes of Hair Color for FREE!

**Head on over here to see even more Family Dollar deals!

• Rhonda says:

I need this now. thank you:0)

• LisaM says:

got to go dig threw my coupons, thanks for the heads up.

• Kathy Yates says:

I tried this a few days ago when they were on sale for $3 each. The manager told me that it was not accepting the coupons because it was not for the Clariol Balsam. I tried! I might try a different FD tomorrow and see if it goes through at another one. We have about 5 nearby.

• Bonnie says:

What does the coupon say? I was also wondering if anyone had tried this kind of color before, is it any good? Compared to the $9 per box price that I am used to, this sounds great, but I wouldn’t want to put something bad in my hair either. That could be disastrous!

• Sophie says:

The coupon states $5 off ANY two Clairol hair color products

• Kathy Yates says:

That’s what I told the lady……($5 off any!) But……………it would not scan and she told me no that they would not accept it. I will just try another FD. If they accept…..I can get 10 hair colors for free…………………for hubby!! Yep, hubby dyes his hair, he is so vain when it comes to those grey hairs! I use the $10 a box stuff because I like it. Loreal Ferie is my favorite and I do find it on sale and usually have coupons. Hubby uses cheaper the better……Hahahha! It is good hair color thought, Bonnie. It’s Clariol…..it’s got to be good! Oh well, I’ll try again.

• Linda says:

I used this coupon last week on the $3 sale, coupon beeped, would not go through stating product exceeded the coupon amount. It was only reading one product at $3 and coupon was $5, so cashier rang coupon in two times $2.50 discount for it to go through. I was then able to get my coupon discount. Hope this helps anyone that has the same problem.

• Linda says:

Tried to buy 4 boxes today (with 2/$5 coupons) and register beeped. Cashier said I could only use one coupon. I tried to buy 2 boxes with one coupon and register again beeped so cashier manually adjusted $2.50 off 2 times so my total was 65 cents. Going back tomorrow to try and score 2 more boxes.

• Melissa says:

I had a similar experience. At first the supervisor said I could only use one coupon. When I asked why she said I could do two transactions, I said okay. She still had to do it all manually but it was all good for me. Free is worth the wait : )

• D says:

worked for me, but it had to be punched in manually!

• Valerie says:

I just stopped at FD and got 6 boxes, all for free. Cashier had to manually punch in $2.50 six times though, as the machine wouldn’t take the $5 coupons. No problem though. Now here’s the catch….I don’t use these, so where do I donate them? I’m in CT.

• Cheryl says:

I’m in CT too. Hope I can find a nice family dollar who will enter these manually for me.

• Valerie says:

I’m im Portland. The girl was so easy to deal with. She told me, hang on, I have to enter them manually. Then she apologized for the wait. I wasn’t in a hurry, so no big deal. Maybe because I told her I was donating these, she took her time to work the coupon out.

• Kay says:

So why not leave them for people who would actually USE them??

• cyndy says:

I went to 2 family dollar stores today and the cashiers at both stores told me that since the machine wouldnt accept the $5 coupons they couldnt do anything about it. So I ended up not getting the hair dyes :-( One of them told me to go back tommorow during the day to speak to the manager..but it just sounds too complicated for me…

• karen says:

Why don’t you take your ad to Target or Wal Mart and get a price match? Just a thought.

• the Kotex light days are only $1 at the family dollar stores so you can use you coupon for $1/1 there and get it FREE!!!!

• Karrie says:

I went to FD today to try this and the cashier said that they wouldn’t accept the coupon. Not because the register beeped or anything, but because the coupon says “as indicated” and the Balsam is not pictured on the coupon?! Is that really what that means? I thought it was ANY clairol hair colors :(

• katherine m says:

i went and got mine! they beeped but the cashier read the coupon and it says ANY Clairol Hair Product so she just deducted -2.50 x4 (cause i got 4 of them) and its was all good!

• lisha says:

tried this at my family dollar. coupon beeped. cashier wouldn’t take it. i asked for a manager, she said she was a manager

• renee says:

got all 18 of mine!!!!! went to one and got some, went to another and they would not take it, and went to another and got them. so got 18 of them for $2.oo and some change!

• Jennifer says:

I too had a dissapointing (and embarrasing) trip to Family Dollar. Every single one of my coupons beeped, and the cashier would not manually enter them. I had three Reach toothbrushes, 2 Reach flosses, a Johnson and Johnson diaper rash ointment, 2 suave deoderants, and 4 Balsom hair dyes. None of my coupons would scan. The cashier said that it was probably because their prices were so cheap anyway, and that they could not take coupons if it meant the product would be close to free or free. But not all of my items would have been free. I guess I can try another Family Dollar, but I was so embarresed, because there were 3 or 4 people behind me, and only one cashier.

• Daniel West says:

My coupons beeped. The cashier said it was because the item was not pictured on the coupon. Furthermore, she told me that if I wanted more than 2, I would have to do separate transactions for them all (I had 22 to donate to our local pantry). She would not manually adjust the coupons down and so I had to leave them all there.

• Elma says: