This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Monday, June 27th, 2011 at 6:04 pm.
Wowza! I cannot believe that I will be heading out on the Hip2Help Tour from North Carolina in less than a week?! Thanks to all of you awesome readers and sponsors, I have a garage FULL of donated items (I have received so many packages that my house is starting to fill up as well!). I literally get goose bumps and teary eyes when I really take the time to look around at the boxes that surround me and realize how many of you took the time and money to put together these wonderful packages. Thank you, thank you, thank you! This tour would not be possible without all of you!
With that being said, I received so many Hip2Help T-Shirt orders today that I am almost completely sold out of the shirts. Again, a BIG thank you for all your support! So, I will be taking down the shirt order form shortly.
As you know, we are sponsoring 11 families throughout the tour. I wanted to do one final post about their top needs as of today. If you are able to send any of the items below, it would be much appreciated!
Griffin, GA (Click here for the donation mailing address for the families below)
The Duffey Family:
* Size 3 shoes (Boy)
* Size 12 shoes (Girl)
The Wright Family:
* Christmas Tree
* Toys for the children (art things like paint, pencils, paper)
* Pink comforter for girls Twin bed
Elmore County, AL (Click here for the donation mailing address for the families below)
The Hall Family:
* Sheet Sets (queen for a female, twin and full for a male, and a king for parents)
* Bathroom linens
* Living Room furniture
The Stewart Family:
* Sheet Sets (twin and full size bedding for 3 girls)
* Personal Toiletries
The Meadows Family:
* Gift cards (Lowes, Home Depot, WalMart, Kohls, WinnDixie)
* Twin and Full size bedding
* Toys for a 10 year old boy who loves reading Warlock books
Memphis, TN (Click here for the donation mailing address for the families below)
The Carruth Family:
* Baby items (size 2T clothes and size 4 diapers)
* Home improvement store gift cards and a handyman to help fix issues with the used trailer that they just moved into.
The Jackson Family:
* Furniture or gift cards/certificates to stores that sell furniture or other household items (ex: Target)
The Houston Family:
* Home Improvement store gift cards (Lowes or Home Depot)
The Hunt Family:
* Gas gift cards
Calhoun County, AL (Click here for the donation mailing address for the families below)
The Thornton Family:
* Shop Vac for Dad
* New Queen bed for Mom & Dad (they have a Queen mattress) – bedroom colors are red
* Things for the Kitchen for cooking (colors in new kitchen will be orange)
* Clothes for 15 year old daughter (Size 2 long; Small-Medium shirt); her bedroom will be black, turquoise, and white
* End tables for living room (living colors are light green)
* Computer Desk for Mom (her room colors will be yellow and black)
* Gift cards to Lowes
The Keener Family:
* Dresser or chest of drawers
* Towels and wash cloths (neutral colors)
* Twin size, full, and queen bedding
* Water guns
* Shoes size 12 for boy
* Toy box and Art set
* Gift cards for home improvement stores (i.e. Lowes) for replacing baseboards and fixing up the floors.
And don’t forget about our awesome sponsors… check them out by clicking here.
* If you are local (or willing to make the drive!) to Griffin, GA, Elmore County, AL, Memphis, TN, or Calhoun County, AL, then we want to meet you! Please come out and join us at one of our community events in these areas. Click here to find out what will be taking place in or around your community.