JCPenney Salon: FREE Hair Cuts for Breast Cancer Survivors for the Month of October

Wow! JCPenney just announced that they’ll be offering up FREE haircuts for Breast Cancer Survivors for the entire month of October at every JCPenney salon across the USA! How cool is that?! :D Just be sure to call or visit your local JCP Salon now to schedule a free appointment while they last.

Also note that JCPenney will be donating $1 to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation for the first 50,000 haircuts.

(Thanks, Stuff 4 Ya’ll!)

• Alex says:

We did the JCP free kids haircuts in August, and it was not good. Spend some bucks and get a haircut by people who care about their job.
    (Know of a few others and different JCP salons that felt the same way.)

• kalia says:

I did the free haircuts for my 11 year old daughter and 9 year old son and it was the worst haircuts they have ever gotten! The lady butchered my daughters hair! It was horrible! I will never go there again! My friends son also had his hair done there and it was bad too! I agree just spend the money and get a good haircut.

• Laura says:

Really? My son got his haircut there and it was awesome and buzzed away! :)

• Keri says:

I know a few people that use JCP salons and they love it.

• Susie says:

As a survivor (almost 3 years and 2 new boobs later) I think this is a really sweet gesture. :)

• kristina says:

Hope these haircuts are better than the ones my boys got in August. Their hair got butchered. They sure got what I paid for- poor kids. Their hair is just now back to normal- 6 weeks later.

• Jenn says:

I think it just depends on who you get. My son’s hair turned out awesome. He is autistic and the stylist took her time and talked to him. He even let her wash his hair (that may not sound like a big deal, but trust me, it is). She also thinned the back a little since it is so much thicker there.

• Rebecca says:

Thank you for sharing this! Very nice. :)

BTW, for those complaining about haircuts, you don’t have to walk out with a butchered haircut. You can (and should) speak up and have them fix it before you leave. Generally they’re happy to please. Also, no one can improve if they don’t know they’re doing something wrong. ;)

• Coupon Chrissy says:

My daughter got her hair cut in August and we were all pleased with it. The stylist was very kid friendly and made her feel special. My mom is a 2 time breast cancer survivor and I’m going to tell her about this offer at JCP. I hope she has a good experience like my daughter did. Hopefully she’ll get the same stylist!

• I think this is an Awesome thing to do! I am a Ten Year survivor and would like to say thank you for the hair cuts and donations for a cure <3

• Sounds nice, but the tendency of pink washing every October gets deeply under my skin. October is Domestic Violence Month, Down Syndrome Month, and (to me the most important since it affects primarily FEMALES) is Rett Syndrome. Girls/women with Rett lose hand function, speech, walking, sitting up, and live with digestive issues and seizures and so much more. Yet they will face just as many risk factors for reproductive cancers as any other healthy female. Their mothers and grandmothers will risk cancer and still have to lift and carry their Rett daughters. I think the politically correct tendency to get on the pink bandwagon is quite limited when so many other things also affect women.

• Monkeylovester says:

Wow!! Well, I think this is a fantastic gesture. What is or isn’t being done to support other illnesses is a completely different issue and does not take away from the fact that, in this case, the hair stylists are devoting their time, expertise and services to make someone who has been through hell, or is currently going through hell to try to stay alive with a little bit of hope, in my case, to be able to see their children grow up. I am a three year survivor and thank you JcPenney for doing such a wonderful thing. I will be taking advantage of this special offer now that I have hair again.