If you love great steak as much as I do, then you’ll definitely want to consider heading on over to Whole Foods Market tomorrow, November 16th, where you can snag New York Strip Steaks for just $9.99/pound! Keep in mind that availability and limits may vary by region, so contact your store for details. Offer good while supplies last, most stores will not issue rain checks.
New York strip steaks come from the strip loin of the cow. They’re a relatively tender cut of meat so they’re perfect for simple cooking on the grill. Plus, the beef comes from cows that were given no animal by-products in their feed, no supplemental growth hormones and no antibiotics, ever.
Head on over to the Whole Foods Market blog to learn more about this sale and to check out some yummy recipes. Plus, check out these seven tips from Whole Foods global meat expert, Becky Faudree…
1. Buy items in bulk when they’re on sale and freeze them. Load up for winter and stock your fridge & freezer with these grill-worthy steaks. The Whole Foods meat team will package them just as you need them. Just ask!
2. Everyone thinks of the New York Strip as a steak cut only, but it actually can be a wonderful roast as well as it’s full of flavor and tender. Perfect for a dinner party! Just ask your butcher to cut one especially for you.
3. Use natural hardwood charcoal when possible. Nothing smells better than a good steak roasting over hot coals. It just does something magical to the meat.
4. The meat at Whole Foods Market is full of delicious flavor all on its own. Just season the NY strips with a little salt and pepper and truly enjoy the flavor of your steak.
5. NY Strip steaks are great grilled, but also wonderful sautéed or broiled.
6. In the mood for a steak, but on a budget? Share with a friend! Grill your steak whole, let rest for 10 minutes (so you don’t lose all those wonderful juices!), and then cut to share! It’s better to have a few bites of a really good steak then none at all, trust me!
7. Steaks always taste better when you know the animal was raised humanely. You can count on that with Whole Foods. All of their steaks are 5-Step Animal Welfare-rated to the Global Animal Partnership’s 5-Step Animal Welfare-Rating System.
And what makes a Whole Foods Market One Day Sale even better?! How about a Whole Foods Market Gift Card?! Thanks to Whole Foods Market, 5 lucky Hip2Save readers each win a $50 Whole Foods Market Gift Card.
If you are interested in entering this giveaway, sponsored by Whole Foods Market, please click on the giveaway button below…
If you are reading this giveaway post via RSS feed or via email, please click here to enter. Please do NOT email me to enter this giveaway; an email is not an acceptable entry. Also note that comments left on this post will NOT be counted as giveaway entries.
This giveaway will end on Monday, November 19th, at 11:59PM EST, and the randomly selected winners will be announced later in the week.
(Thanks, Whole Foods Market!)