Coupons.com: New Site Changes & How to Successfully Print the Coupons You Want

In case you haven’t yet noticed, I just wanted to give you a heads up that coupons.com has once again changed up their site. Here is a list of the biggest changes AND what you will need to do differently to successfully print the coupons you want…

1. Clipping Coupons

To clip a coupon, instead of checking the little clip coupon box in the bottom corner as we have previously done, when you hover over a coupon it will look like the above picture to the right. Just click anywhere on the coupon after you see the Clip Coupon circle and it will be added to your list of coupons waiting to be printed.

2. Unclipping Coupons

To unclip a coupon, hover over the clipped coupon again until you see the blue bar across the bottom, as pictured above. Then just click on unclip.

3. Changing Your Zip Code

To change your zip code, first click on the “Local” button on the top menu bar of the coupons.com site. You will then see an option to change your zip code. Click on “Change zip code,” enter your zip code in the box and then click apply.

4. Printing coupons from posts that link directly to the coupon.

As I’m sure you’re aware, we often post links to coupons that automatically clip the coupon when you follow them. They will now have a blue bar across the bottom that says Clipped when that is the case.

Have you noticed any other changes? Let us know in the comments!

(Thanks for the heads up, Coupons in the News!)

• john z says:

I wish they would add search functionality so you dont have to click to see the next page and go through all the pages to find what you are looking for

• shannon says:

I just have to say it’s so annoying that they keep changing it. Just when you get used to it, they change it. I like to go through Walmart.com for that reason as they seem to be very similar coupons and the site is much more user friendly.

• Sagrwl says:

Do you know about the new kind of barcode that is printing? I am not able to use coupons at walmart coz of that. Has anyone faced that issue?

• Judy says:

yes I frequently find that Wal-Mart will not accept internet coupons if they don’t scan. Frustrating because I have no way to know which ones will not scan ahead of time.

• Shelby says:

will not scan without a 5 or 9 as the first #

• Jennifer says:

glad to have the heads up cuz I already had to cross HEB off my list of weekly stores to visit due to the fact that they hold their customers responsible for the ability of THEIR system to scan all the legitimate coupons. Sorry, but if I print a coupon from a known legitimate website like CouponNetwork.com & it can’t be scanned, I highly doubt that the store’s system is functioning 100% accurately (either that or the data was not entered or entered incorrectly by mistake…and NOT by the customers’ mistake!!!) I refuse to deal with such nonsense & refuse to be insulted by a cashier or manager that is implying that I’m using a coupon that isn’t legitimate by refusing to redeem it, so I guess I won’t be shopping at walmart now either.

• marie says:

Better add these instructions to my “Hip List”

• Bharat says:

It wont let me print a coupon twice anymore :( so bad!

• Heather L. says:

I’m only able to print each coupon 1 time instead of 2. Is anyone else having this problem? Is this a new change?

• elizabeth says:

That’s scary – hope they have not changed the print limit.

• dropofrain says:

I didn’t try to print on my own directly from Coupons website, but if you go there through links posted lets say on this site, just return to the post and follow that link again. Coupon will be in blue and say “clipped”. this way you could print twice without any problems

• Willa says:

Most of the coupons I have been able to print twice. There were a couple that –Reach floss was one :( —-that would only print once.

• annie says:

same here. been only to print 1 coupon. (not reach floss)

• Rebecca says:

Once I print my first batch of coupons, I hit the back button and then rush my cursor over to the “refresh” button to click it while the computer is still “processing” trying to go back. I used to just click the back arrow and then I’d get the pop up box with the “retry” option and could print my 2nd set. That no longer works for me. If I hit the back and immediately hit refresh though, I seem to be able to get the second copy. I don’t know if that will help you.

• Sharon says:

I noticed that after you print a coupon, the coupon does not go to the very end of the list, but to the end of the section it belongs to… food, personal, etc…

• Allison says:

I printed 3 coupons and they each printed on their own piece of paper! Did I do something wrong?

• Cindy says:

I wish they’d put a search bar and enhance usability instead of just making it pretty and whatnot. To me, it seems like everything works about the same (just some small changes) but I hate scrolling through pages just to find what I’m looking for.

• Aimee says:

I’m really frustrated. I’ve clicked on the local coupon tab and changed the zip, hit apply and it looks like it’s changed. However, when I get back to the main coupon page, nothing’s changed and when I go back to the local tab, the previous zip pops back up again! Any tips?

• Ashley57 says:

I heard on another site that they are trying to restrict regional coupons to their actual region. They said it was a lot more difficult to change your zip code – you had to change the address associated with your account. Not sure if that is true or not.

• Ariel says:

speaking of regional coupons, has anyone in utah and idaho noticed the milk and cheese coupons are missing??? I can’t live without my milk coupons!!!

• crazy4vs says:

From the article:

The third change a few months back, was the initial effort to make changing zip codes more cumbersome. The zip code box that had been on the main page was now hidden behind the “Local Coupons” tab, requiring a few extra steps to change zip codes and access different coupons. Now, there are a few more different extra steps to take. The site automatically determines your computer’s location and zip code. If you change the zip code under the new “Local” tab, the zip only changes for local coupons – once you return to the main page, your computer’s zip code will once again determine what coupons you see. The only workaround right now is to log in, or create an account if you don’t have one, and change your zip code in your account settings (you’ll have to make sure your state and zip code match). No word on whether Coupons.com will make note of, or take any action against, users who frequently change their account settings.

• Thanks for the tips!

• Dee says:

Is there any way to print in just black and white ?

• epawelek says:

You have to go into your printer’s preferences from Devices & Printers and set it to print in grayscale. With that being said, if you need to print something other than coupons and you want it in color, you have to go BACK and change it to print in color through the Devices & Printers menu. Even if you choose color in the document itself, it will print in grayscale because that is what the printer is set to.

• Amy says:

When I change the zip, it doesn’t stay that way. I changed it, clicked back to coupons.com and then clicked back and it was my original zip code. (my home zip)

• That’s actually the idea (and the problem). If you change your zip, it will ONLY change for local coupons, then it will go back to your default zip for all other coupons. The only way around it is to log in (or sign up if you don’t have a login) and change the zip in your profile. Cumbersome, just the way Coupons.com apparently wanted it.

• Kare says:

Didnt care for the last version and dont care for the new one. Luckily if you print from Swagbucks they still have the old version. Cpns.com could really use a search function or fine tune like Smartsource has.

• Melissa says:

Is anyone able toprint from their ipad. They even have an app and i cant get it to work! My ipad prints emails fine…..

• Samantha says:

I kept trying to print the coupon for “All dogs go to Heaven” but my old printer was listed as default and it’s not set up. By the time I figured this out, I tried to print another coupon with the correct printer and it said limit reached. Is that the coupon’s limit or my personal limit?! That coupon site is horrible!!!

• Kidsallgon says:

I can’t print coupons.com coupons from my laptop. Whenever I go to the site, my internet shuts down the site. I’m sure it’s a setting on my computer, but I bought my wireless printer so I could print from my laptop; but it just does NOT like that website :( :( :( UGHHHH!!!!

• Denise from DE says:

I’m actually having a similar issue. I’m trying to print from my laptop and Coupons.com totally freezes my computer to the point where I have to ctrl, alt, delete. I’m really frustrated, too.

• Josie says:

I cant seem to print coupons froms coupons.com or redplum…..i have two laptops one win7 and the other win8…..one has norton the other doesnt….they used to print just fine….im really upset. any help out there or anyone feeling my pain?

• Helen says:

I only use coupons.com through MyPoints. I get a TON of points for the coupons I redeem, plus it hasn’t changed AT ALL. When all the blogs were mentioning how to change your zip code I was confused because nothing changed. I hope MyPoints never changes how the coupons work from their site

• Dorothy Lee says:

Clipped all the coupons I wanted. Went and hit the PRINT button, but nothing happened. Then reloaded the page to try and print again, but then it said I already clipped and printed those coupons when, in fact, nothing had printed for me! So frustrating, these new websites. Why do they always have to fuss with something that was already working so well. Now I’ll have to figure out how to fix this issue so it doesn’t happen again and waste my valuable coupons! EEKKK!!

• Nicole says:

The same thing happened to me! If you figure it out, let me know please.

• Heather says:

I have spent weeks trying to figure out why I can’t print my coupons anymore. I have tried everything under the sun from switching browsers, turning this and that on and off, uninstalling and installing…. I’m so aggravated right now! I can clip the coupons I want and when I hit “print” it just says “loading” and goes back to the page. NEVER had an issue until recently

• Kabby says:

My coupons are so tiny when they print out, the cashiers can barely read them. Is there a way to get around this problem?

• Barry says:

If you click on FILE at the top of your browser window and then select print PRINT PREVIEW, you will see an image of the page you were last visiting in the preview pane. At the top center is a SCALE option in %. As you choose higher % enlargements, the printed result will be that % larger. Experiment with several to see what works. If printing directly from the preview is not acceptable, close it and then print the coupon normally. It should be larger also. You may have to revisit the preview pane several times to select the best SCALE%. Hope this advice helps.