Walgreens: $30 Worth of Aleve Products for FREE (After Balance Rewards Points) Expired

UPDATE: This deal is no longer working and you will now only score 10,000 points with the purchase of $30 (not double points).

Wowzers!! Check out this super *HOT* deal you can score on Aleve products at Walgreens this week! As I mentioned in the weekly deals, when you purchase $30 worth of participating Aleve products, you can score 10,000 Balance Rewards points (= a $10 reward!). Plus, this gets even sweeter because currently this offer is generating double the points! This is no longer happening. Check it out…

Buy 4 Aleve tablets or caplets 50 ct on sale for $5.99 each
Buy 1 Aleve liquid gels 40 ct on sale for $7.99
Total = $31.95
Use 2 $5/2 Aleve 40 ct+ coupons found in the 12/2 RP (exp. 1/31!)
Plus, use the $2/1 Aleve 40 ct+ coupon found in the 12/2 RP (exp. 1/31!)
Pay $19.95
Get back 10,000 Balance Rewards points (= a $10 reward!)
And get another 10,000 Balance Rewards points (= another $10 reward!)

So it’s like snagging all of the above for FREE!

* IMPORTANT NOTE: This may be a regional offer that’s not available at all Walgreens locations. I also haven’t yet tested at my local Walgreens, so please keep that in mind.

(Thanks, Couponaholic!)

• Angie says:

Wow!!!

• Jennifer says:

This might be a silly question, but oh well. What does one do with extra medication? I have plenty of Aleve, Cough Medicine, MidNite Menopause etc. that I can’t use fast enough…(thru MM deals and such). I have a whole bag and would love to donate it somewhere but where? Do food banks take medications?

• diane says:

look up old irving park claic and give them a call

• diane says:

why do you get 20,000 points? does it work?

• DAwn says:

Is anyone else annoyed by this whole “rewards system” that Walgreens has now? I can’t imagine tons of older folks keeping track of their “points” in the thousands…….why do they have to go by such large numbers, just to make it look like “more”???

• Tiffany says:

Right? Cvs is a little easier because its in dollar amounts….idk why walgreens didn’t do the same

• UltimateCouponLady says:

Right. They should just call them WRD or WRP for Walgreens Rewards Dollars or points and have them in $ increments.

• millie says:

dawn, i bet more old folks let ther ebc expire or misplace them. at least the card is easier just put on your key ring. no lost ebc papers or expired ones money gone out the window

• Kim says:

I actually work in the Pharmacy in a Wags and to be honest the “older” folks are the ones who get the most excited over the LARGE amount of points they can get, yes do they sometimes ask what it means? Well yes but so do the teenyboppers and 20 and 30 year olds. It spells it out for you on the register how much you can redeem each time. I have one lady who is 88 years young and has over 50,000 points. She told me she is saving them til she hits 100,00 and trust me she will.

• Lindsay says:

I am annoyed by it. I skip deals like this because it seems like a lot of work to keep track of how many you have an how much they are worth. I only go there to pick up a few things at a time, free or cheap.

• Dianne says:

As an “older person” I love the points because they make sense to us “older persons” we grew up in a time when every penny counted, not saying it doesn’t now but my parents went through the depression, I am one of 7 children, only dad worked back then, our 1/3 acre of land grew something on every square inch of it, etc. so…we do get it, saving money was a way of life back then. Thanks Walgreen’s and oh, I have over $100 in points on my card because when I get to 40,000 they are worth more ;o) and I roll RRs and, etc.

• millie says:

walgreens points last a long time you don’t have to run out and use them just because they are about to expire

• Shirley says:

Just got it! I didn’t have the 2 dollar coupon but had a $1/1 so was 20.95 and with tax 23. But wow 20,000 pts. Anyone know how many times we can get double points?

• doreenb79 says:

If your looking for places to donate extra medication, you can also try domestic violence shelters. A lot of women enter d.v. shelters with little more than he clothes on their back. I have volunteered at a d.v. “safehouse” and I know firsthand health & beauty items are appreciated :)

• tracy says:

There won’t be any problems getting the pts. since the total will be less than $30 after coupons?

• Caroline says:

It didn’t work for me (in Ft. Worth, TX). I just got the 10,000 points. Nonetheless, still a decent deal. I considered returning them but I figure, oh well, you win some you lose some.

• Leah says:

Only got the 10,000. Did not double.

• Stephanie says:

I also did not get double might be returning them tomorrow :(

• jackie says:

Did not double in chicago suburbs

• Karina Koji says:

tracy, BR are awarded before any discounts, including coupons, so yes it does work! i got the 20,000 points this morning and i live in missouri.

• Dd says:

Central tx, only got 10000. Will return tmorrow

• liz says:

can you please please give us the link for where it states they were double points so I can go back tomorrow and try to have them add my points..I went to 2 walgreens to find the items and did not get the double points…and there was some nasty weather out there..

• Dianne says:

I got double points 6,000 instead of 3,000 on the Nature Made vitamins wyb 3 yesterday. Couldn’t figure out why, thought it was an AARP award but no, so I am thinking this was a glitch in their system yesterday and they fixed it. Maybe?