H&R Block: Prepare and File Federal Taxes for FREE (Plus, Free Live Tax Advice)

Head on over here where you can file completely FREE with H&R Block At Home. Your federal return will be FREE to prepare, FREE to print, FREE to e-file, plus you’ll receive FREE live tax advice, FREE audit support, representation from an enrolled agent, and 100% Accuracy Guarantee and Maximum Refund Guarantee.

• Cheryll says:

I have used H & R Block At Home for the past few years. It is VERY simple, easy to follow instructions, and relatively quick to file yourself. No appointment scheduling, no waiting in a packed office.

• Stephanie says:

I have used H&R block online for the past 4 years. It’s simple and fast, something I can do on my own time. You don’t have to do it all at once, you can save your place. I absolutely love the guarantee that comes with it. I highly recommend it!

• Holly Marie says:

I am going to try this, this year. My Dad has always done it for me (I’m 23) but it is time to grow up! :) So, thank you for this.

• Diana says:

We’ve used this software for the past several years and its been great and easy. And we even own rental properties, have kids, investments, etc (all that to say its not a “basic” return) and I’m still able to understand it all. I have even used the free live tax advice because I was confused on one point and they were able to help me. Love not paying $300 to file anymore! I highly recommend!

• Lisa says:

Thank you for those who have commented with their experience. I am going to attempt to do my own taxes this year, since we no longer are self employed. After reading your comments, I am much more confident about doing it! :)

• michelle says:

My experience is that it’s not really free unless you have a super simple return. If you have deductions, mortgage interest, etc the site upgrades you and charges you for the more expensive software.

• guest2 says:

I have deductions and mortgage interest and it’s been totally free.

• Stephanie says:

Even if you have a more in depth return, it’s not “that” expensive (I don’t think anyway) compared to having them done by someone else. I paid $25 for my federal and I think state (not for sure, I live in TX, we don’t have to do one) was maybe $27.

• mweyler says:

Does anyone know if they let you do a free version/file if you sold investments last year? Turbotax does not (discovered after spending a while entering).

• Nika says:

I used this last night & did our taxes. I love it. Totally free (unless u want the upgrades as previously mentioned.) I like that you still have the help right there & their guarantee. It was super easy. Highly recommend.

• Brandi says:

Be sure to look up your local VITA program. They will do both your federal and state taxes for free. Some locations have an income cap (~$57,000) and others do not.