Happy Friday: Mailbox Surprise

Sent from reader, Kristen, who posted about her upcoming mission trip on the Hip2Save Facebook page previously:

I got home today and found a box sitting on my counter. I haven’t ordered anything, and so I didn’t know where it had come from. I opened it up and I found an envelope laying on top that said “coupons” and inside had a bunch of coupons I had listed I was looking for to trade. Underneath the envelope was all of this!!!

Nivea, toothpaste, toothbrushes… all for my mission trip! I was so excited and so touched that someone I didn’t even know would send that to me! Shipping alone costs a fortune! But, I had so many people email me with coupons, I didn’t know who this was as to address them by name (address label only had a last name). I just want to thank whoever this is – definitely a sweet, kind, person who I just want to send a big thank you to for making my day!! And I know the people who receive these bags I’m making will be even more excited than I am! Of course, I got the return address off the box to send a thank you note, but I just felt like sharing with others what this wonderful person has done for me! Thank you to all who helped out! I appreciate it more than you know!

HAPPY FRIDAY! :D

Do you have a funny, “Hip”, or unique photo to share?! Email us at happyfriday@hip2save(dot)com. Every Friday, I will post one photo, submitted by you and/or another Hip2Save reader, that gives us a glimpse into your frugal lifestyle or simply makes us smile. If your photo is published on Hip2Save, we’ll email you a $10 Amazon e-card!

** Check out all of the previous Happy Friday pictures here.

• daltonjsmom says:

Absolutely awesome! There are so many good people out there! Sometimes we just forget that we all need to stop and take the time to be one of them.

• Elizabeth says:

awesome story!!!!

• stacy says:

that is so sweet!!!

• Heather says:

Awesome post!!

• Robin says:

This made ME feel wonderful! This person’s good deed just keeps going! Thank you! It gives me inspiration to try and really make a difference in someone’s day!

• virginia says:

how wonderful is that?!!! :)

• Misty says:

I probably missed, but I would like to know about Kristen’s mission trip if someone can elaborate. I am impressed, how people find time to help others!!

• Kristen says:

hi misty!! I coupon for mission trips every summer to Peru and Nicaragua & Honduras. This year, I was invited to go with them to Nicaragua instead of only sending my stockpile! I really hope I get to go- it sounds exciting!! I’m also saving for the operation Christmas child shoeboxes- which We will start in November- and I’m doing the shoeboxes for my senior project! I had posted earlier asking for people to trade coupons and I got so many donations, I was so excited! :)

• Tasha says:

Awesome! I have spent time in Honduras, and my younger sister is a missionary in Managua, Nicaragua.This warms my heart :-) It’s beautiful to see how God prompts people to take care of the needs of other people. Hope you have a blessed time!

• tia says:

Hopefully she’ll check this post and elaborate. She mentioned on a post a few weeks ago about these missions she does and what coupons she needed. I sent her some but I am not the person who sent that box of goodness! How kind of that person.

• Oh my!!! I love this! Makes me so much better about those of us who coupon to give most of it away to the less fortunate, and not everyone complains and moans that they did not win something or get a freebie.

• Sarah says:

I love this story! Made a crappy day end on a high note. The world has some good people! :)

• Maria says:

That’s so sweet. It especially touched my heart as my husband went out for lunch with two of his friends (all of them are soldiers in the Army) and as they were getting ready to leave the restaurant found out that a gentleman had already paid for their lunch. I just reminds me that sometimes we need to slow down and be thankful for all we have and in the process, share it with others!

• Nicole says:

Thank you for sharing such a great post! After many long trying weeks (personally), I loved seeing something so positive and giving! Thank you for sharing, and thank you for whoever paid it forward.

• Heather C. says:

How awesome! It’s so nice to hear about random acts of kindness. Nowadays it seems like most people are only out for their own personal gain… Not worried about helping anybody else in the slightest, especially strangers. If only people new how much it can change another person’s outlook for the better by doing even the simplest of selfless things. Like being a “coupon fairy”, paying for the person’s coffee in the car behind you at the drive-thru, or donating extra stockpile items to a women’s shelter. If everyone would “pay it forward” every once in a while, I know the world would be such a better place! Kudos to the annonymous sender, and to Kristen for showing her gratitude! Awesome! :D

• Jen says:

This is what all of us should be doing with our extras instead of clearing shelves to hoard for ourselves. I love that in a day and age where money is tight, this story is a reminder that one person’s good deeds do affect others. May we pay it forward in our own ways in order to make our world a better place. Thanks for sharing Kristen!

• maflies1 says:

Would also be glad to share extra coupons for missions, etc. if anyone cares to furnish an email. Love to hear about things like this. :-)

• Cindy says:

What a sweet story! Amidst all that crap that goes on in the world, it’s especially heartwarming to know there’s also so much good that comes out of people. :D Best of luck with your mission, Kristen!

• Ad says:

Oooh I could send you a few well many coupons, lots with expiration dates months from now. Can I help you with sending them??? Where do I send???

• Lisa says:

This is a great story! I donate my stockpile excess to our local food shelf in town about once a month. They are always so thankful because 99% of my items are health & beauty which they don’t get much of and people need too.

• Katie says:

Great story! My husband and I send out secret gifts to people when I get deals. I got free dog treats a few weeks ago and my husband thought I was nuts since we don’t have a dog – but they made someone’s day a whole lot brighter when they received them in the mail for their puppys.

• Sallie says:

Hi, I have a ton of unused travel shampoo, soap, lotion. Could you use this as well Kristen? I certainly don’t mind sending it your way. :) I have been wanting to donate it but wasn’t sure what to do. This seems like a great idea if you can use them. They are all Neutrogenia travel size.

• Samantha says:

I think it might be helpful for a list of things you donate so we could be collecting coupons for you (or any extras we might have on hand).

• b says:

That is awesome!!

• Lynn says:

my heart just melted away knowing how many good hearted people are still around! Kudos to everyone who does something like this to make other people’s life a little (and sometimes a lot!) easier