This Hip2Save.com Deal was hand-posted on Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 at 6:54 am.
Did you know that Facebook now offers up an option to send your Facebook friends gifts to celebrate birthday or other special occasions (like Starbucks e-cards, iTunes cards and more!). Even better, some of you may have the option to Save $4 off your gift of $5 or more. If you have this money-saving offer in your account, you can use it to send a Facebook friend a $5 Starbucks e-Card for just $1! Sweet!
To see if you have this option, follow these directions.
* Head over here and click on the green Give a Gift button (make sure you are logged in to your Facebook account)
* Look for the banner at the top of the page like the one pictured above which states Get $4 Off Your Gift of $5 or more. If you have this banner (which appears to only be available to select Facebook users?!), then scroll down and pick a gift to send.
* I chose to send my sidekick, Mary, a $5 Starbucks e-Card for just $1!
* Once you send a gift, your friend will receive an email as well as a notification on Facebook. When they click on the notification, they can then view the item and read your card (keep in mind that your friend won’t see the price of the gift).
* That’s it! Come back and let us know if you were also offered $4 off your gift purchase of $5 or more!
Also, check out these emails that I received from readers, Amy and Stephanie…
Hi Collin! I was just wishing some friends Happy Birthday today when I noticed a banner that said “Give your friend a gift! $4 off of any $5 or more gift”. If you go under “see all” in the birthday banner, it gives you the option of choosing who to give the gift to so it doesn’t have to be that person’s birthday. It’s a one time deal – the banner disappeared once I purchased a gift card for my sister. You can get a $5 Starbucks or Jamba Juice gift card for $1, a Cheryl’s Birthday or Smile cookie shipped for $1, or a $10 Target gift card for $6!
A friend has a Facebook birthday and there is now an option to click “Give a gift”. When I did that, there’s an offer to Get $4 off your gift of $5 or more. I got a $5 Starbucks gift card for a $1! You can choose to do not just a birthday – I actually sent one to my hubby just because. :D
(Thanks, Amy, Stephanie and Coupon Cravings!)