Target: Toy Clearance 30-50% Off (Possibly 70% Off!) + Select Baby Clothing 70% Off + Lots More

As I have mentioned previously on Hip2Save, Target hosts a Toy Clearance event twice a year – usually in January and July – and marks select toys and possibly other items up to 70% off! This means they will soon be reducing (or may have already at your store!) a lot of name-brand toys!

My sidekick, Mary, headed over to her local Target in Austin, TX today and found the toys were still 30-50% off; however you may want to call your local store to see what the current discount is up to as I’ve heard some stores are already at 70% off. Also, note that at her store, they did not have a dedicated aisle for these Clearance toys as they’ve done in the past, so be sure to check the regular aisles for the red Clearance signs/tags…and be sure to price check!

To make things a bit easier while shopping, when looking at the red Clearance tags found on the toys, you should see the discount amount at the top right-hand corner of the tag marked with a 30, 50, or 70 indicating the discount percentage. However, it may be mis-marked so be sure to price check!

In addition to the Toy Clearance, you may also want to head on over to the Baby Section as there are quite a few Baby & Toddler clothing items marked at 70% off! As an idea, you could snag T-shirts for only $1.50 (regularly $5!) + lots more!

And, if you’re in the market for new bedding, be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the Red Clearance tags on the bedding aisle. You may be able to find King Size Comforter Sets for only $35.70 – regularly $119!

Finally, as I mentioned here, be sure to check out the Outdoor & Patio items that are on clearance 30-50% off in store (possibly 70% off!). If your local store does not have these items marked down, you may want to head to Target.com and browse around as you can actually score similar deals on Outdoor & Patio items online – love that! :D

These clearance toys are perfect items to buy now and stash away in your Gift Closet for an upcoming Birthday party or even for Christmas! Don’t have a Gift Closet?! Check out my video here entitled How to Make a Gift Closet for some great tips!

Come back to let us know what awesome Toy deals or other bargains you’re able to score!

(Thanks, Midget Momma!)

• Laura says:

The 70% off toy clearance sale is usually the end of July NOT the end of June. Target follows a pretty strict mark down schedule. Most store mark down toys on Thursdays.

• SH says:

It’s hit or miss at my local Target. The clearance deals today were great on food items, not so much baby. But you definitely have to look at the original price to determine if it’s truly “clearance”. Sometimes the mark down is only $1 off the original price and they market it as clearance. Pretty sneaky! Make sure you’re getting a good deal.

• Stacy says:

I think the strictness of the markdowns varies by store or possibly region. For instance, my store has no discernable markdown pattern. They also tend to go clearance a good month behind nearly everyone else. The store the next town over always goes early by 1 day. And the KC stores are a mixed bag of procedures

• Virginia Werner says:

Mine also Stacy – I have 3 targets within 3 -5 miles of each other – the one closest to me is always a week behind the other 2 – and I’ve noticed it is 2 weeks between markdowns – they used to do my infants section on every Tuesday morning and now – it is random – couple weeks apart, then all the sudden it will drop to 70 in 2 days – I think they are holding off hoping to get rid of stuff before it drops to 70% but when they need the area (for back to school or Christmas) they will accelerate the scheduled markdowns

• Stacy says:

That is lucky. I envy you guys with multiple Targets. We have 1 (but 4 walmarts, go figure). The next nearest is in a town 25 minutes east or one 45 minutes west. :-(

• Carissa Lindenfeld says:

The markdowns are percent. Target does 15, 30, 50, 70 and 90 (90 only usually holiday merch) While you’re at your store find out if they have grocery coupon books (ask an associate). They also have some pretty great deals (70%) on furniture in the PA stores. Each store goes to clearance at a different rate that depends on sales of the particular product.

• Patrice says:

Only 30% at my local store too. But I did manage to get a cute grey dress for $8.76 which was $69.99-a returned online purchase!

• Nicole says:

I scored a ton of baby clothes 18-24 mos for $1.50-3.50 each. I am stocked for this ever growing baby in my house just in case he decides to have a major growth spurt. My five targets all within 20 mins have done this in the past week and I’ve been to all of them. lol!

• Brittany says:

They had adirondack chairs marked down to $11 at my store, tissues for .48, trash bags for $3, lots of baskets and organization items marked down. I had a good trip today!

• Destinee says:

I moved to a new state and absolutely hate the stores here :-( I miss my Targets in So Cal!!! They always had amazing clearance finds…boooo!

• Tara says:

I was able to get my son some shirts for next summer at $1.50, this is the 2nd time they have been marked down as I was just looking at the same shirts when they were on clearance a few weeks ago.

• Casey says:

Tons of threshold 70 percent off!!!

• gossipmom07 says:

my store in Georgia had those things marked down as well . I was told it was because school stuff is coming out at the end of this week… I got some cool things on clearance in Target yesterday. I was happy at what I got :)

p.s. I have a ‘gift bin’ and I actually went to a birthday party and used a gift from there. So I paid very little for it six months ago. And not one person knew. Also I got my son’s Christmas gift and Birthday gift (his is around Xmas time) yesterday at Target. :)

• Katie says:

I have a free shutterfly photo book from the huggies rewards Father’s Day thing if anyone wants it. It expires June 28th so only 2 days to use it!
    HG27-89JW-EA4P-XSHBHK
    Please post if u use it!

• Casey says:

This has been used. I didn’t use it, but someone who is inconsiderate and didn’t comment they used it did. Thanks, Katie for offering it though :)

• alicia says:

My husband picked up a grill yesterday, that we needed really bad for 30.00!!!

• Kim says:

Well, i am tempted to fly over to Texas and grab those Lego sets on sale. I have never seen good Lego sets on sale at our Target. Hmm, probably not worth the plane ticket though from Michigan to Texas ;)

• Rebecca Nelson says:

I saved an extra $74 today on patio furniture by buying in-store versus online! They are marking things down all over the store. Winston Salem, NC for those interested.

• The couple became engaged in November 2010 and married the following year.