Receipt Hog App: Snap Receipts & Earn Cash

If you use mobile apps to try and earn extra cash while in-store grocery shopping, then consider downloading Receipt Hog — currently available for both iOS and Android devices. Unlike similar rewards apps, Receipt Hog pays cash regardless of where you shop or what you buy!

Here’s how it works:

* Snap pictures of your grocery receipts (Receipt Hog accepts and digitizes receipts from supercenter, grocery, club, dollar, drug, pet and convenience stores!).
* Earn coins and rewards with every receipt – no matter what brands you buy or the retailers you shop at
* Redeem for cash, donations, and more (you even have the option of receiving an Amazon e-gift card!)
* Active participants even become eligible for additional rewards. For example, users that submit 5 straight weeks in a row go “Hog Wild” and earn an extra bonus Hog Slots spin for every subsequent qualifying receipt!
* Possible Hog Slots wins are coins, spins and the chance to win your most recent shopping trip (given out daily)
* Invite friends to join and you get a bonus spin

Note that your receipt data will be made anonymous and summarized in market research reports for brands so you’ll be influencing the products and promotions offered at your local stores.

If you are currently a Receipt Hog user, please share your experience with us!

• Nikki says:

It’s free to use and so I do use it but it takes forever to earn any type of reward, (and I grocery shop every week!)

• Susan Doran says:

I might have better luck with this over Ibotta. Not many stores near me that r on Ibotta.

• Bee says:

I downloaded this last week and am so glad I saved my old receipts, up to 2 weeks. My points are rising. Loving it so far.

• My wife and I have used this app for a year now, and it saves us about 6.00 a month! Every penny helps!

• Kelly says:

Really easy to use and a good way to earn some extra cash. I even won $85.74 on the Hog Slots!

• Cassie says:

I used it before they “bettered” it. This newest update has done more damage than good. I finally got fed up, cashed out and deleted it. Can’t upload from my iPad now and my phone doesn’t support it so I can’t upload anymore anyways but regardless of all that, they changed the point system so much that it really doesn’t pay for me to even mess with it anymore. Add in the fact that customer service is HORRIBLE. Last 4 issues I had went unanswered. 2 were actually closed out b/c they simply didn’t want to mess with it. I of course reopened the issue. Still no response. SMH. Shopkick, Ibotta and Bing Rewards (Been a while since I messed with HTML so if the links don’t work, I apologize) are my faves now. Endorse went down. Receipt Hog will be next if they don’t change some things. From what I’ve read, everyone is pretty furious with the new update.

• robin roberts says:

says it wants to have full access to my personal info.. read my contacts.. read my phone status .. prevent my phone from sleeping..( which will use up my battery.. ) .. think I will pass

• Elena says:

Unfortunately my experience has not been so satisfactory.I’ve used the app since November of 2012.It took me a long time to accumulate enough points to earn a $5 reward.Then lo and behold I went to cash out and recieved a 404 error (whatever that is). I thought that maybe it wouldn’t let me cash out because I hadn’t updated the app, so I went ahead and updated it to the latest version.As soon as I did that my points disappeared and I ended up with 150 points instead of the 1,000 + that I had before. This experience has soured me on this app.So far it has shown to be extra work without any benefit.

• Wendy says:

Just download it! I love ways to earn things for free! I do viggle, shopkicks, swagbucks (I’ve earned over $300 in free amazon cards so far!!)

• Ciera says:

I’ve had the app for almost 2 months and I was able to cash out for $10 through Paypal last week and received my money within about 5 days. Great so far! Please use my referral link if you decide to join http://app.receipthog.com/share/8cyjvoax

• Jennifer says:

I have been using the Receipt Hog App for about 2 weeks. It is a very easy app to use with the Iphone. It not only uploads your receipts but it reads them and gives you points immediately. It does not give you points for the exact amount of your receipt. Instead it awards them in 5, 10 and 20 increments based on the amount. It seems to also be a progressive awards program. The more receipts and the higher your total you can receive gift cards or even cash deposit to bank account. I enjoy it and have figured it doesn’t cost me a thing but my time to earn free money.

• Heather says:

I just signed up, and tried putting in my first receipt & it’s stuck on ‘checking picture’ .. does it take anyone else a long time to load?

• Jenni K says:

I downloaded this last week and have already accumulated 250 coins toward a reward. I’ll keep using it to see if it actually cashes out in the end, and if it doesn’t I’ll be done with it. So far takes forever to upload receipts, but I do a lot of shopping and can upload easily 2-3 a day so my coins should add up quickly.

• Rose says:

I love love love this app. I don’t know why some have problems with it. I’ve been using it since Aug 2012 and had my first $30 cash out in April ’13. If you do a lot of drugstore couponing it can add up receipts very fast even though they only allow 3 receipts per store per day. I do have to say I loked the system better before they updated. But I’m still fine with earning at least something for all these receipts that add up! Free is free to me!!!! Here’s my sign up link! http://app.receipthog.com/share/h23e73wg

• Trish says:

I signed up using Ciera’s link. Will someone sign up under my link please? Thanks.

• Michelle says:

:D

• Marsha says:

I have been using receipt hog for a couple of months now. I cashed out the first $5 on the old app. After using the new app for a couple of weeks I spun the slot maching and got 3 baskets. The price for that is suppose to be you last receipt which was only $2.50 from Walgreens. I was really surprised that I got 6000 coins which is worth over $30. I (or my husband) has been lucky lately (actually won money in Vegas) and then today someone from our hotel in Vegas called and said they were crediting money back to my charge card because we had a little problem while there. I think if you sign up under my link you will be lucky too.

• Karenr says:

How do I snap photos?

• Kristen says:

http://app.receipthog.com/install/elso6g92 Thanks!

• Barb says:

Thanks Collin. Here is my link. TIA. http://app.receipthog.com/share/4owju50d

• Anuja says:

I’ve had good experiences with Receipt Hog so far. I just cashed out my first $5 reward! Here’s my referral link: http://app.receipthog.com/share/nya2vzxh

• Esme says:

I love this app, but the previous version was better already almost I accumulate points for my first $10 this is my referral link to get started: http://app.receipthog.com/share/7oe0fzog

• Kayla says:

Love it!! I work at a grocery store so I may or may not keep the receipts that no one wants and upload them :)

• Denessa says:

Hey guys! If anyone wants to use my link, that’d be awesome :)

• Elise says:

http://app.receipthog.com/share/mimeimm4 tyia!

• Kelly says:

I just went to Walmart but bought a board game. Does anyone know if that will work?

• Janette says:

Yes it will work. It just has to be from a store that sells grocery/HBA items. You do not have to buy grocery/HBA items on each receipt. I received credit for a receipt at Giant Eagle that I only bought TMobile phone cards.

• cindy2705 says:

Off topic a bit, but has anyone used Jingit?? I dl it because you can watch ads and get a dime here or there… but I’m having trouble with my check in feature.. The person who told me about it gets free box tops!! I don’t.. Anyone know about this?

• mel says:

Jingit ck in is hit or miss with me. I find that I have to log out, then log back in (sometimes several times) while in Walmart. I was finally able to do some scans earlier in the wk, but it took a lot longer than when I do Shopkick scans. CVS if finiky, most of the time it tells me Oops, get closer, when I’m standing IN the store! Sometimes switching your phone from Wifi to 3G helps. I have not idea about Free Box Tops, that would be cool! I think the offers are random, some have to do with your age, your location and other factors.

• mel says:

I just did a search and it seems the BTFE promo was with GM product scans last year. I don’t think its a current offer.

• Josie says:

my referral link http://app.receipthog.com/share/5fvp5l1a Thank You.

• Brandie. says:

Target now offers a new app called cartwheel. It doesn’t save you much unless you are going for a bigger item on there. Like they had 20% of a small pool and 10% off mossimo shoes. Most of the coupons on it are only 5% off an item. I work at Target so saves me more but youre allowed to use your coupons and your redcard with the cartwheel discount. Soo it gets worthed it. Its my to go to app now :)

• Becky says:

Yes, I use Cartwheel and it is so easy to use. I couldn’t get Shopkick to work (got a new phone). I can use the Target coupons on my phone, and use Shopkick if I can get it to work. My son had Cartwheel up on his Ipod, so I didn’t have to toggle from app to app on my phone.

• June says:

It’s supposed to be anonymous, but they are requiring access all my personal info and contact information. Kinda contradictory, no thank you.

• Gabby says:

Does RH work on gas purchases?

• Kelly says:

No gas purchases!

• Serena says:

I just got the app and love it! Every penny does help. Here is my referral link :) http://app.receipthog.com/share/j5khthx3

• Kari says:

Just join receipt hog.I uploaded a farm fresh receipt from 2 weeks ago 3 hours and just got my 15 coins. But the 2 before that one Harris teeter and food lion hasn’t shown up yet. Maybe farm fresh is quicker? Who knows!

• Casey says:

It’s free and takes very little time so why not?! I’m a college student that lives on my own so every penny really does help! :)