OfficeMax Back to School Deals 7/28-8/3

Here are my favorite deals you can snag at OfficeMax Starting tomorrow, 7/28 (NOTE – Be sure to check your local ad as NOT all ads have the same deals). Also please note that many deals are limited to a certain number per customer (see the ad for complete details).

MaxPerks Rewards Offers

OfficeMax 8.5×11 Multipurpose Paper 500 Sheet Ream $6.99
Get $6.98 back in MaxPerks Rewards (limit 2 offers)
Final Cost $0.01!

OGIO Super-Sized Backpack $49.99
Get $49.98 back in MaxPerks Rewards (limit 2 offers)
Final Cost $0.01!

Avery 5160 White Laser Mailing Labels 3,000 Pack $26.99
Get $26.98 back in MaxPerks Rewards (limit 1 offer)
Final Cost $0.01!

Duracell Coppertop AA or AAA Batteries 10 pack $9.99
Get $9.98 back in MaxPerks Rewards (limit 2 offers)
Final Cost $0.01!

Boise X-9 8.5×11 Mulituse Paper 10-Ream Case $43.99
Get $34 back in MaxPerks Rewards (limit 2 offers)
Final Cost $9.99 – just $1 per ream!

To qualify for the MaxPerks Rewards, you MUST use your MaxPerks ID during the checkout process! Note that MaxPerks Rewards cannot be used to purchase gift cards.

1ยข Penny Deals

(must make minimum purchase of $5; limit 2 per customer unless otherwise noted)

OfficeMax Clear Zipper Binder Pocket – limit 5
(reg. $2.19!)

Westcott 5″ Junior Blunt or Pointed Scissors
(reg. $1.50!)

OfficeMax 1-Hole Punch w/ Grip
(reg. $2!)

$0.50 Deals

* OfficeMax Glue Stick 2-Pack (reg. $1.50!)
* Avery 5-Tab Insertable Dividers (reg. $1)

$1 Deals:

* Schoolio 1″ or 1.5″ 3-Ring Binder (reg. $1.49-$1.99)
* Schoolio Poly Folders
* OfficeMax Poly Notebook 70 sheets
* Schoolio 1-Subject Notebook 70 sheets 2/$1
* Post-It 2×2 Notes Neon or Ultra Cube (reg. $2.99!)
* OfficeMax Assorted Mechanical Pencils 24 pack (reg. $5.99!)
* OfficeMax Mini Stapler (reg. $2)
* Schoolio 3×5 Index Card Box (reg. $2)
* OfficeMax 2-Pocket Folder w/ Fasteners or 4-Pocket Laminate Folders
* OfficeMax 1-Subject Notebook 100 sheets
* Powerhouse Storage Bags and Sandwich Bags
* Bounty Basic Paper Towel Single Roll

$2 Deals:

* OfficeMax 3-Subject Notebook 120 sheets
* Scotch Heavy-Duty Shipping Tape
* Duck Brand Duct Tape Mini Rolls
* Schoolio 10-Pocket Organizer
* Clorox Fresh Scent Disinfecting Wipes 35 ct. (reg. $3.69!)

$3 Deals:

* OfficeMax 1″ Durable View Binder (reg. $5.29!)

Other Great Deals:

* Select PaperPro Compact Staplers $5 (reg. $11.99-$12.49!)
* Post-It 3×3 Canary Yellow Notes 12-pack $5 (reg. $13.29!)
* Select Zebra Z-Grip Ballpoint Pen or Mechanical Pencil 24-pack $5 (reg. $11.49!)

In-Ad Coupons:

* Paper Mate InkJoy Quatro 4-Color Retractable Pens 3 pack $1 (reg. $5.99!)
* Sharpie Accent Assorted Tank-Style Highlighters 4 pack FREE (reg. $3!)

• cassie weaver says:

I have a question about the rewards, we just moved to an area that has Office Max, are the rewards only able to be used at Office Max or is it cash back?

• Mary says:

Definitely not cash back. It is Office Max reward $ you can only use at the store.

• cassie weaver says:

Gotcha, thanks! So, you basically do it the same as you would CVS and wags, buy something you need/want, get the rewards, and then roll it(once you receive the rewards) into another item and earn more rewards? Or can u not roll the rewards there? Also, I do not have a card, so is that something I can get the day I go into the store to shop?

• Natalie says:

I roll the rewards just like CVS or wags. The biggest difference is that there are NOT deals every single week that give you back 100% rewards and sometimes it can be weeks in between. However, the rewards are good for a few months, so I always find something to roll them into. I happen to be the proud owner of many many Sharpie markers for this reason! You can get the card the day of you go to the store. Also you won’t get your rewards back until the next month, which is a pretty long delay in my opinion. The way it works out sometimes it is almost 6 weeks before I get the rewards back. I have used these for the last couple years and always find it worth it.

• Mary says:

I have some MaxPerk rewards about to expire, and I’m wondering if I buy another product giving out more rewards, will they give you more reward $? TIA!

• A smith says:

Yes , you can use maxperk rewards to purchase the item and get maxperk rewards for the item purchased

• Sharon says:

No, this has changed. Now when you use your reward on a Rewards item, you will NOT get a reward back. The folks at my store are making sure that everyone knows that the rules have changed.

• jamie says:

Really? I specifically asked the manager that before I signed up. Bummer!!

• sarah says:

really since when sharon? is there some new policy / rules? this is office max you mean? i just did it not too long ago….no problems.

• laura says:

sharon where did you hear this about not rolling your rewards? I just bought things last week with rewards and they rolled. I also went to office max today and asked and they have not heard that.

• Stefanie says:

I was looking through the terms and conditions of the program trying to find the answer to this, and I didn’t have any luck. I’d like to hear others weigh in on this as well!

• Ketsy says:

As it seems on the backpacks its only that brand, isn’t? Last year it was any and different backpacks, etc up to higher amounts than 49.99 as well.

• selvi says:

I am new to Maxperks and was wondering if we have to submit for the rebate ( like menards) or is it different.
    If I go tomorrow and buy the items, show my card, that’s it. How long does it take for the rebates to show in my account?
    Thanks in advance.

• Ketsy Alexander says:

Give your card, take it home and sign up online too. You will see the printable rewards by the end of the following month. Then you can print those to use for other stuff at the store. Not a rebate more of a gift card.

• Julie says:

are the max perks deals limit 1 or 2 offers per quarter or week? The labels I got last week were a limit of 1 and they are in the ad again this week. Can I get the reward twice?

• Sandra says:

Definitely check your online ad before you head out. I’m in the New Orleans region, and our ad doesn’t have any 100% max rewards back deals in it for next week, nor does it have any one penny deals. Plus, this week when I went in to our Office Max, they had signs up on all the penny deals from the ad saying they were misprints and the real price was a dollar…they didn’t honor the penny deals. And the week before, they had similar signs up on half of the penny deals and wouldn’t honor the ad.

• A smith says:

Check under the additional ad tab on their website . When I looked under current ad tab for my store no penny items or back to school but when I clicked additional ads and then my location the back to school ad came up

• Bummed In SD says:

Bummed our ad doesn’t have the penny pouches!! I was going to use them to store puzzles (you know, the ones that the small boxes get all crunched and pieces fall out of)! Bummed in SD.

• Candace says:

My Office Max was out of the free highlighters (of course) so I went out on a limb & took the freeSharpie highlighter coupons to two Wal-Mart stores in my area & they both accepted them. I suggest going straight to the Customer Service Desk first though, as I did, just to ask & see how they interpret it. One of the store also price matched the penny deals, but the other did not. Good luck!

• mandymere says:

FYI All – Here in Colorado Springs they had penny filler paper and when I asked what the maximum was for purchase, they told me five packages – but, they also told me that wide-rule and college-rule are considered separate items, therefore I could get 10 packages of filler paper for $0.10.