Love photo gifts and photo canvases?
Make your own photo canvases at home with this EASY and FUN method using Mod Podge decoupage and photo prints. This is my one of my all time favorite crafts and the result is a beautiful photo canvas you can keep for yourself or give away as a thoughtful personalized gift!
The supplies are inexpensive and easy to find as well!
DIY Photo Canvas
- Start by cutting the photo to the same size as your canvas.
- Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the top of canvas and lay the photo on top, carefully smoothing out any wrinkles or bubbles. Let dry.
- Paint two or three layers of Mod Podge over the top, making sure to let each layer dry in between.
- After completely dry, use a small piece of sand paper to gently smooth edges, if needed.
- Use craft paint around the sides of canvas. I use a small paint brush and add some brush marks to the sides for a more rustic look. (If your prefer, feel free to paint sides first then add photo and Mod Podge for a cleaner look.)
- Let dry and enjoy your photo canvas! That’s it… super easy!
I’ve made so many of these over the years and they still look great with no fading! My parents and in laws love getting photos of the grand-kids that they can proudly display! 😊
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.