Coupons.com Printing Issues?
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Recently, I have received many emails from Hip2Save readers regarding issues with printing coupons from coupons.com and/or installing the coupons.com printer. As a result, I have compiled a list of helpful tips and suggestions to hopefully get you printing those coupons again in no time!
Can’t print coupons?
You must have a default printer selected for your computer, and it must be a real, paper-based printer, not a virtual fax machine or file printer or PDF creator. Follow the instructions that came with your computer for setting up your printer. Also, make sure your printer is turned on, loaded with paper, has enough toner or ink, etc. If your printer is a multi-function device (print, fax, copy, scan) make sure the default printer is the print function, not the fax function. For specific help with printing coupons on a Windows Operating System, click here. For specific help with printing coupons on a Macintosh Operating System, click here.
If you are experiencing problems installing the Coupon Printer there may be a few reasons:
1) You may not have permission to download programs on your computer or you are using software that blocks the installation
If you are trying to print coupons at work or from a computer at a library, Internet cafe or university, you may not have permission to download and install programs onto the computer you are using.
2) You might also be running software that prevents installation on your computer. Make sure to turn off any anti-virus software or any anti-spyware or adware software. While coupons.com has attempted to work with most of the major publishers of such software to ensure that their Coupon Printer is not blocked, there may be programs that block the installation, or put up a warning that you are about to install a program. You should choose to allow the installation.
3) The security settings in your browser are set too high. If you receive warnings or errors that an attempt to install and ActiveX control (Internet Explorer) or a plugin was blocked, or are asked for permission to install a program, you may need to change your browser’s security settings to allow installation of these types of controls. Also, make sure to click the appropriate buttons in any dialog boxes that appear to allow the installation. Modern browsers make you jump through a few hoops to install plugins, but it’s worth it!
4) Your operating system or browser is incompatible: Coupon printing is currently supported on Windows Operating Systems Vista, XP, and 2000 when used with Internet Explorer 6+, FireFox 1+, Netscape 8+, and most MSN and AOL browsers. If you are unable to print when using an MSN, AOL, or Compuserve browser, try printing your coupon using Internet Explorer 6+. Coupon printing is currently supported on Macintosh OSX 10.3 or higher when used with Safari 2+ and FireFox 2+. Coupon printing is NOT supported on Linux or WebTV.
5) For step by step instructions for installing the coupon printer on Windows Operating Systems, click here. For step by step instructions for installing the coupon printer on Macintosh Operating Systems, click here.
Note: The tips above were taken directly from the Coupons.com Frequently Asked Questions page.
What if a store won’t accept my coupons from coupons.com?
Let coupons.com know by clicking here, and they’ll send the store information to help better inform them about printable coupons. You can also learn more about printable coupons on their Coupon Resource Center.
Wanna reach coupons.com directly?
You can send them an email by clicking here or you can contact them by phone at 650-605-4600.
If you have any other helpful tips for printing Coupons.com coupons, please share in the comment section! Thanks!