DIY Halloween/Thanksgiving Canvas Art
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Making festive Fall wall art can be an easy, fun, and inexpensive way to get your home ready for Halloween and/or Thanksgiving! Grab your coupons and head to your favorite local craft store to buy some blank canvases, coordinating scrap book paper, decoupage, and holiday related decor items like pumpkins and adhesive stickers.
For this craft, you’ll need:
* Blank canvas (In this example we used one 12×12 and two 8×8’s.)
* Scrap-book paper
* Decoupage (I used a matte Mod Podge.)
* Strong epoxy craft glue (such as E6000)
* Paint brush or small sponge paint roller
* Black craft paint
* Halloween/Thanksgiving decor embellishments like lightweight pumpkins, spiders, adhesive stickers etc
1. Cut your paper the same size as your blank canvas.
2. Apply one layer of decoupage with a paint brush or sponge roller to canvas and lay down paper, smoothing out any bubbles. The thicker the paper, the less bubbles.
3. Once dry, apply another two layers of decoupage on top of the paper letting each layer dry completely in between. Once dry, apply black craft paint around the edges with a brush. I prefer to let some of my black paint extend beyond the edge for a more rustic look.
4. Lastly, cut your pumpkin in half leaving the stem and glue onto the center, or apply your sticker.
By mixing modern or vintage patterns and textures, you can really create a stylish look and have fun doing so!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 small kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime!