Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm (Holiday Gift Idea)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for a unique DIY holiday gift idea? Consider making some homemade peppermint lip balm using just a few natural ingredients. It’s so easy, you’ll never want to buy store-bought again!
The shea butter is super soothing for dry lips especially when paired with peppermint essential oil. This recipe makes about five one inch sized circular tins, so you’ll want to adjust up from there depending on how many you’d like to make.
These containers are Wilton brand small party favor tins, but you could recycle Altoid mint tins or reuse lip balm tubes (if making for yourself). You could also buy Lip Balm tubes like the ones here.
Homemade Peppermint Lip Balm
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoon Natural Beeswax
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Shea Butter
- 2 Tablespoon Sweet Almond Oil (or Olive Oil)
- 20 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- Small metal tins with lids (Wilton small party favor kit tins are shown)
- Bring water in a small pot to a boil on the stove.
- In a glass dish or Pyrex cup, mix beeswax, coconut oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil.
- Place the glass dish or cup inside the pot of boiling water and melt ingredients while stirring. A bamboo chopstick makes a great tool for stirring this.
- Remove from heat and use about 20 drops of the peppermint essential oil and stir.
- Pour into containers right away.
- Wait 24 hours for the lip balm to set before using.
These adhesive labels came with my tins and I used a red sharpie to color them like a peppermint candy. You’ll love the smooth texture and wonderful scent! Such a great gift, too!
Thanks to Revived Kitchen for the inspiration!