DIY Gift Card Snow Globes
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for a creative way to give gift cards this year, try making these easy DIY gift card snow globes! What a fun and festive presentation! You can also ditch the gift card and make a few of these for yourself to add to your holiday décor.
For this craft, you’ll need:
- Wide Mouth Glass Jars
- Hot Glue & Glue Gun
- Miniature bottle brush trees (sold with the winter village or mini train supplies in craft stores)
- Faux Snow & Cotton
- Small Binder Clips
- Miniature Holiday Related Figures, Ornaments, Matchbox Cars etc.
- Ribbon and or Bells to embellish jars if desired
- To make the snow globe pictured above, start by gluing a binder clip with gift card to the bottom of a jar (make sure you choose jars wide enough to fit gift card).
- Place a small amount of cotton and faux snow to hide the bottom of the binder clip.
- I tied a mini bottle brush tree to one of my son’s cars and placed it on top of snow.
- Close jar and tie with ribbon or bakers twine to embellish.
I made a few more jars using small ornaments. The mini tricycle in the center jar above is from Michaels Craft Store found in the dollhouse supply aisle (the nutcracker ornament is also from Michaels and was found in the $1.50 bins by the checkout).
You can also create a winter scene by placing the jar on its side – I glued a vintage snowman ornament I already had and used another mini 2-inch bottle tree brush inside the jar on the right. These jars will be my teacher gifts this year, and I’m on the hunt looking for a small toy school bus to create one for our bus driver!