DIY Mason Jar Snow Globes w/ Gift Cards Inside | Last-Minute Gift Idea!
As an Amazon Associate, Hip2Save earns a small commission from qualifying purchases in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for a creative way to give gift cards this year, try making these easy DIY gift card Mason jar snow globes!
Everyone loves a Mason jar craft, and these gift card snow globes are such a unique and festive presentation!
Take this idea and turn to gift ordinary gift cards into something special and thoughtful. These would be wonderful gifts to friends, family, and teachers. The recipient can remove and use the gift card and display the jar as Christmas decor. In fact, you could always make and use a few of these for yourself to add to your holiday display at home too!
Here are a few gift card Mason jars I originally made and shared with you all back in 2014!
I love that this is so easy and fun to put together, and I’m excited to highlight this idea again! The secret for getting the gift card to stand up is attaching it to a binder clip and using a bit of hot glue to attach it to the inside of the jar. Then you could fill it with cotton balls, faux snowflakes, and any little Christmas ornaments or miniatures you’d like!
I would check around the house and peek in your Christmas decor bins for any of these supplies first such as ornaments, bottle brush trees, and faux snow. I will say that Target has a bunch of cute little trees and ornaments this year that are affordable and fun! By now, many should be on sale too!
This similar-looking Christmas tree truck ornament I used in the jar above pairs perfectly with a Starbucks gift card and a 16 oz. wide mouth mason jar. Get a 12-pack of glass jars for ONLY $13.99 on Target.com!
As far as the larger apothecary jars, I picked them both up at Michaels. My Target Bullseye ornament is no longer available but Target.com has so many other fun adorable ones to pick from. These miniature deer ornaments are cute too.
DIY Gift Card Snow GlobesPrint
- wide mouth mason jars
- binder clips
- gift cards
- hot glue gun and glue
- faux snowflakes
- cotton or poly filling
- miniature holiday related figures, ornaments, matchbox cars etc.
- any ribbon, twine or embellishments for the outside of lid
Tips for making DIY gift card Mason jar snow globes:
- The best jars for these will be wide-mouth-type jars so that they are wide enough to fit a gift card. You can look for them at stores like Target, craft stores, thrift stores, or even some grocery stores that may have a selection. A gift card measures about 3.5 inches, so make sure it’s at least that wide.
- For the inside of the jar scenes, check Dollar Tree for inexpensive winter or Christmas-related ornaments and miniature village pieces. Of course, the Dollar Spot section at Target is a great option too!
- I use a bit of hot glue to glue down the gift card and some of the lighter trees so they don’t tip over. It’s up to you if you want to glue down each item. I think it’s nicer to leave the ornaments unglued so the recipient can use them on their tree if they want.
I am officially in love with these little Christmas gift card Mason jars!
These will most likely be my teacher gifts this year and I’m so excited to make more. What a fun and creative way to jazz up a gift card present!
What would you put in your DIY gift card snow globe jar?
Get your craft on with our Orange & Clove Pomander Balls!