Succulent Tea Cups (Mother’s Day Gift Idea)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Looking for an easy and cute Mother’s Day gift idea?
Consider creating a pretty tea cup succulent garden! With just a little effort and a few supplies, you can create a living centerpiece that any mom will enjoy! Plus, this is a great opportunity to re-purpose any mismatching tea cups and saucers easily found at most thrift stores.
For this project you’ll need:
- tea cups (pictured are from Goodwill at $0.99 each)
- pretty succulents (pictured are from Lowe’s at $2.50 each)
- potting soil (I used a Cactus, Palm, & Citrus Mix)
- a few rocks for each cup
- Place a few rocks at the bottom of cup for drainage since there is no hole in the cup.
- Add a small amount of potting soil and place the succulent inside cup. Massage root to break it up a little, place in cup, and add more soil.
- Press soil down. Add a small amount of water.
Maintenance Tip: Allow soil to become nearly dry before adding a small amount of water. Place in a spot with some natural light. Succulents can also be re-potted easily in a larger container when they grow.
Place your tea cups individually or together to create a fun centerpiece.
I love succulents because they need little water compared to other plants and are so pretty! This idea can also be used for bridal shower decor, wedding favors, teacher gifts, or for anyone whose day you’d love to brighten.