Sidewalk Chalk Photo Ideas for Father’s Day
Hip2Save may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you via trusted partners and affiliate links in this post. Prices and availability are accurate as of time posted. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Need a homemade gift for dad?!
If you’re looking for a unique and thoughtful gift for the dad in your life, check out this fun way to use sidewalk chalk as a creative photo backdrop! The result is a frugal yet special keepsake and a fun outdoor activity to do with the kiddos.
Just grab some sidewalk chalk and brainstorm a theme and message.
Tips for Success:
- Have your kids lay or sit on the ground.
- Use props to make it even more fun.
- If possible, use a ladder to get a shot facing down towards the sidewalk with your camera.
- For best results, use a free photo editing tool afterwards (I like PicMonkey.com) to adjust the contrast so the chalk really stands out in your photos.
- Frame the photo as a gift, order a photo book, calendar, canvas, coffee mug etc.
Here’s a few different Father’s Day Pose Ideas:
1.) Our Grandpa Rocks
Draw a music theme and use some musical related toys or instruments for photo props!
2.) Our Dad is Out of this World
Draw an outer space background and have the kids lay down as if they are in space helmets! So fun.
3.) Best Papa Ever (Fishing Boat)
Draw a simple boat in water, and have the kids hold pretend fishing poles!