Melted Beads Craft (Great for Kids)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Ready to get crafty?
If you’re looking for an easy craft to make this summer with the kids, try this fun melted beads craft. Get creative with different bead colors and shapes – create bowls, fun flower accessories and more. For safety reasons, be sure to supervise your children and make sure an adult is present to assist with placing beads in the oven.
For This Craft You’ll Need:
- Pony Beads (found at any craft store or amazon.com)
- Pam baking spray
- Baking tray covered in foil
- Oven safe bowl or cups
- Cover a baking sheet with foil. Spray foil with a little nonstick spray.
- Make a shape with beads – I made a flag and flowers. Use a ruler to make lines straight if desired.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for about 13 minutes. Keep a close eye on your creations as you don’t want them to burn. Let cool, then remove from foil.
Note: If making flowers, you can glue them to hair clips or blank rings as jewelry. If you poke a hole in them right out of the oven, you can use a safety pin to make a decorative pin or even make cute dangling wire earrings.
To make a bowl like the ones pictured above:
- Spray the area with nonstick spray and then made a circle on the foil with beads.
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees until it melted (about 13 minutes) and then very carefully move baked creation to an upside down bowl covered with foil using oven mitts.
- Press it gently down so it molds to the bowl shape and then put it back in the oven for a minute or two. I also made a smaller bowl using a mason jar bottom as the mold.
What a fun and easy craft idea! Thanks to reader, Erin, for emailing the idea!