Craft Stick School Bus (Back to School Idea)
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
If you’re looking for a super cute and fun Back to School craft idea, check out this school bus created out of wooden craft sticks! It makes a perfect keepsake to display those priceless first day of school pictures.
School Bus Photo Frame
Craft idea adapted from ReadingConfetti.com
- Jumbo Wood Craft Sticks (5.75″)
- Skinny Wood Craft Sticks (4.5″)
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Paint Brush or Paint Sponge
- Craft Glue
- Sheet of Craft Foam, black
- Buttons, Gems, & Embellishments for wheels and headlight
- Letter Stickers (optional)
- Sharp Scissors
- For each bus, you’ll need 3 jumbo sticks and 5 skinny sticks. Paint all sticks yellow and let dry. Cut about an inch off of 4 of the skinny wood sticks. Arrange the 4 short skinny sticks so they are evenly spaced vertically. Glue the longer uncut skinny stick across the top of the other four. Glue the jumbo sticks across the bottom of the skinny sticks as shown in the photo above.
- Cut circles out of the black craft foam. (I traced the bottom of the round glue bottle, then cut.) Embellish wheels with buttons, or paper brads. Glue another button or craft gem for a headlight. Add lettered stickers to the front if desired.
- Attach photos in the “windows” of the bus. Another further step would be to glue magnets to the back so that you could display on the fridge or another metal surface.