Have any red or neutral colored Christmas ribbon? 🎁
If so, grab a wire hanger and make a CUTE heart shaped wreath for a quick Valentine’s Day decoration! I noticed this pretty burlap style ribbon with red berries on it purchased around Christmas in my ribbon stash and decided to try and make a heart shaped wreath with it! ❤️
DIY Wire Hanger Heart Wreath
- Unravel a wire hanger. Shape it in a heart with the middle of hanger being the point at the bottom of heart, and the ends making the top of heart.
- Weave ribbon using one end of the hanger, making large ruffles. I kept my “ruffles” about every four inches or so.
- Move the ribbon down the wire and continue the ruffles all the way down the entire heart. For a fuller effect, use lots of ribbon and push it together so you can’t see the wire.
- Note: It’s hard to know exactly how much ribbon I actually used since the roll was already over halfway used, but I’m guessing maybe 12-15 yards?
- Reshape the wire into a heart if needed and use pliers to twist ends of wire hanger together. Manipulate ribbon so you can’t see any of the wire.
- Hang wreath by tying additional ribbon to wire on each side of heart.
I LOVE how this wreath turned out!💘
It was about a 20 minute easy project, and FREE since I had the ribbon.
Money Saving Ribbon Tip: Around the holidays, Costco has amazing prices on high quality ribbon such as the one pictured, about $6.99 for 50 yards! I like to stock up by buying neutral colors and use it all year round for gift wrapping and craft projects. A nice bright white ribbon goes with most wrapping paper!
Written by Lina for Hip2Save. Lina is a proud mom of 2 kids who loves photography, all holidays, cooking, thrift store makeovers, bargain shopping, and DIY makeovers. Her goal is to create a beautiful life and stylish home on a dime! To see all of Lina’s DIY/Crafts created just for Hip2Save, click here.