FIVE of Our Favorite Teen/Kid Christmas Gift Ideas
Hip2Save may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Check out FIVE of our favorite Teen/Kid Christmas gift ideas that we think are fun and unique here at Hip2Save! 🎄
PopSockets are trendy, small accessories that easily adhere to the back of your phone, case, or tablet to help you securely hold your mobile device. They are perfect for whenever you may need a firmer grip to take a selfie or just want a stand to watch YouTube. You can easily collapse them too!
The following stores carry PopSockets, but also be sure to check your local TJMaxx store as you may find them for as low as $3 – thanks for the tip, Kim!
- Amazon: Starting at $8.33
- Best Buy: $7.49 each shipped whenever you buy 3 accessories (OR get a free $10 savings code with in-store pickup!)
- PopSockets.com: $8 with promo code POPFRIEND plus free shipping on $20 orders before discounts!
- Target: Starting at $9.99 shipped
“If you have a large phone and can’t always type on the screen using one hand without dropping it OR just want a quick media stand, these PopSockets are so useful! We’ve loved giving PopSockets as gifts, and they make awesome stocking stuffers too!”
2.) Children’s Books
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein (Age Range: 1-8 years) – The Giving Tree tells the tale of a young boy and the tree who, literally piece by piece, gives her life for him.
- Runny Babbit Returns by Shel Silverstein (Age Range: 4-8 years) – Runny Babbit Returns, a collection of 41 never-before-published poems and drawings, features Runny and other woodland characters who speak a topsy-turvy language all their own.
- Dance by Matthew Van Fleet (Age Range: 2 and up) – Young readers will delight in this laugh-out-loud, jazzy story of a little baby chick who learns how to dance from a friendly band of animals who know all the right moves! Get your dancing feet ready!
- Letters to Me by Lea Redmond (Age Range: 7-13 years) – The Letters to Me books include twelve prompted letters bound into a keepsake book to share stories, draw, or make lists reflecting on what you know now, and what you imagine for the recipients future.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Age Range: 8-12 years) – August Pullman was born with a facial difference that, up until now, has prevented him from going to a mainstream school. Starting 5th grade at Beecher Prep, he wants nothing more than to be treated as an ordinary kid—but his new classmates can’t get past Auggie’s extraordinary face.
“Whenever I am invited to a baby shower, The Giving Tree is always a gift from my husband & myself. I have even chose this book as a house warming gift. Also, if you’ve ever desired to be a better person, Wonder can help you start the journey! Such a heartwarming story!“
Fingerlings have become one of the most desired toys on holiday shopping lists and are selling out like hot cakes! These little monkeys react to sound, motion and touch, make fun noises, and move in cute ways. They also make kissing sounds, chatter away in monkey babble, open and close their eyes, hang by their tails and more. They come in a variety of colors and many include accessories.
The Fingerlings Monkeys are priced around $14.99 on Amazon, Target and ToysRUs and the Playsets are priced around $19.99-$24.99 at those same stores. Keep in mind that these items sell out quickly online, but we will continue to post them on Hip2Save whenever they are in stock.
Also, you may have better luck finding them in-store versus online, so you may want to head in-store to look.
“My daughter has a fingerling. I think they are adorable and well worth the price, considering many of the HOT toys each year are much more expensive. I like how it is interactive and can be turned off! LOL! I think they even blow kisses, the noises they make are super cute!”
4.) S’ip By S’well Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
S’ip by S’well Water Bottles are made from BPA-free double-walled, food-grade, 18/8 stainless steel, and sensibly tested for healthy hydration. Using S’well technology, the 15oz bottles will keep beverages cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours – a lot longer than your average bottle!
- Amazon: $24.99 (15oz)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods: $24.99 shipped (15oz) plus spend $50, get $10 Dick’s Cash when you pick up in store
- JCPenney: $24.99 (15oz)
- Macy’s: $24.99 (15oz)
- Target: $24.99 shipped (15oz) or $19.99 (10oz)
“I LOVE my S’well bottles because they are cute AND practical. They keep drinks cold for HOURS and make me feel like I am saving the environment too. It’s a WIN-WIN! Plus, they never break!”
5.) Inexpensive Gifts/Stocking Stuffers
The tweexy bottle grip system is innovative, practical, compact, economical, and FUN! It securely holds any size bottle, even when your hand is held upside and shaken; yet the bottle can be easily removed from the tweexy.
- The Farting Animals Coloring Book: $3.86 (Yes, this is a REAL thing! 😂)
- Hangry Kit: Starting at $19.90
…BUT keep in mind that you can likely make your own for much cheaper and you’ll likely be able to personalize it more! If you’re shopping for a hangry teenager who loves food and not sure what to get them, this is a fun idea!
I am making one for my Hangry son this year!
Join Me Live for Giveaways and MORE! 🙌
I’ll be going live on Facebook every day this week and showing you each of the five items in that day’s gift guide – how they work, what they do, and what we LOVE about them!
AND to make things even more FUN, we’ll be giving away one of each of the five items every day on Facebook, so you’ll definitely want to watch for those Facebook Live videos! I hope you’ll join me!